Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever tried Hershey's chocolate? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was in Asda earlier and saw they had it, so I bought some mainly for the novelty value.

It smells and tastes like sick/out of date milk. Seriously, it's the most awful chocolate I've ever eaten. How on Earth is this brand so huge in America? What's the deal? Am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    I know its disgusting! tastes like sick

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I'm a massive fan of it. I feel sorry for americans.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't tried it before, I was thinking of trying it and now I don't want to!

ReputationRep:
    It tastes better in America.

The pure bliss that is Hershy's Kisses with a bottle of real Mountain Dew :sogood:

Not to mention Double Stuff Oreos and Ben & Jerry's you can actually afford!

If I lived in America I'd be a blimp
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I love it!

Maybe there is something wrogn with me.

I love Hershey's chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like it... *runs and hides*!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got some from Islington and I was like, 'ergh, this is just weird.'

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tried it and it's not good. An American friend of mine used to bring me treats and though American chocolate isn't good, their sweets are awesome

ReputationRep:
    ...I really like it...

ReputationRep:
    I spat it straight out and said "what the **** is this ****ing ****" - my american cousins still do parodies of my response.

ReputationRep:
    I actually rather like it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and it tastes like cheesy vomit

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Cadburys, Mars or Nestle have anything to worry about. Even Sainsburys own economy brand chocolate is nicer. Personally I think the Irish Cadburys is the best chocolate in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it because they don't sell Cadbury's chocolate etc out there, the main brand is Hershey's? Americans are probably just used to the taste :P

(Original post by Steevee)
    It tastes better in America.

The pure bliss that is Hershy's Kisses with a bottle of real Mountain Dew :sogood:

Not to mention Double Stuff Oreos and Ben & Jerry's you can actually afford!

If I lived in America I'd be a blimp
    I tried it in the States and it was still revolting.

Mind you, that may be because my parents impulse-bought it as a surprise...when we came to eat it after a few hours in the glovebox, there wasn't much we could do but lick it out of the wrapper!

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty horrible. Would take store value brand chocolate over it any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay. IMO American chocolate is really bitter in general, though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I tried some once, and whilst it didn't taste of sick or gone-off milk to me like it did to the OP, I wasn't that keen. It didn't taste very chocolatey at all.

ReputationRep:
    No. I detest all things with cocoa. How people continuosly have it is beyond me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.