Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever tried Hershey's chocolate? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was in Asda earlier and saw they had it, so I bought some mainly for the novelty value.

It smells and tastes like sick/out of date milk. Seriously, it's the most awful chocolate I've ever eaten. How on Earth is this brand so huge in America? What's the deal? Am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    I know its disgusting! tastes like sick

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I'm a massive fan of it. I feel sorry for americans.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't tried it before, I was thinking of trying it and now I don't want to!

ReputationRep:
    It tastes better in America.

The pure bliss that is Hershy's Kisses with a bottle of real Mountain Dew :sogood:

Not to mention Double Stuff Oreos and Ben & Jerry's you can actually afford!

If I lived in America I'd be a blimp
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I love it!

Maybe there is something wrogn with me.

I love Hershey's chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like it... *runs and hides*!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got some from Islington and I was like, 'ergh, this is just weird.'

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tried it and it's not good. An American friend of mine used to bring me treats and though American chocolate isn't good, their sweets are awesome

ReputationRep:
    ...I really like it...

ReputationRep:
    I spat it straight out and said "what the **** is this ****ing ****" - my american cousins still do parodies of my response.

ReputationRep:
    I actually rather like it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and it tastes like cheesy vomit

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Cadburys, Mars or Nestle have anything to worry about. Even Sainsburys own economy brand chocolate is nicer. Personally I think the Irish Cadburys is the best chocolate in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it because they don't sell Cadbury's chocolate etc out there, the main brand is Hershey's? Americans are probably just used to the taste :P

(Original post by Steevee)
    It tastes better in America.

The pure bliss that is Hershy's Kisses with a bottle of real Mountain Dew :sogood:

Not to mention Double Stuff Oreos and Ben & Jerry's you can actually afford!

If I lived in America I'd be a blimp
    I tried it in the States and it was still revolting.

Mind you, that may be because my parents impulse-bought it as a surprise...when we came to eat it after a few hours in the glovebox, there wasn't much we could do but lick it out of the wrapper!

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty horrible. Would take store value brand chocolate over it any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay. IMO American chocolate is really bitter in general, though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I tried some once, and whilst it didn't taste of sick or gone-off milk to me like it did to the OP, I wasn't that keen. It didn't taste very chocolatey at all.

ReputationRep:
    No. I detest all things with cocoa. How people continuosly have it is beyond me.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.