Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hershey's tastes like crap.
    Whenever my dad's cousin from America comes here, she stocks up on our chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomiimoan)
    Yeah and it tastes like cheesy vomit
    No... What your tasting is America.

ReputationRep:
    I think one of the best tasting chocolate is actually advent calendar.......

ReputationRep:
    I have and I don't like it. TBF, in Canada they use powdered chocolate instead of milk chocolate, so our chocolate is better imo :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Aren't all chocolate derived from cocoa beans?
    White 'chocolate' isn't.

And my point was that Hershey's is so far removed from chocolate in terms of taste that I'm not sure it's really chocolate at all.

ReputationRep:
    Try Reese's if you like peanut butter :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It smell and tastes of ****! Actual ****!

ReputationRep:
    It tastes like absolute chunder. Cadbury's ftw :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the taste. It leaves a nasty aftertaste and doesn't taste as creamy as Cadbury's chocolate. Mind you, I am partial to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Gotta love those bad boys.

ReputationRep:
    Only ever tried it in america and it was foul there... smelled bad, tasted bad, it even had a nasty texture to it.

if the import stuff is worse than the product they sell in america I seriously don't recommend a purchase.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, glad someone agrees. I go to America every 2 years and I've always thought it tastes like vom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    I was in Asda earlier and saw they had it, so I bought some mainly for the novelty value.

It smells and tastes like sick/out of date milk. Seriously, it's the most awful chocolate I've ever eaten. How on Earth is this brand so huge in America? What's the deal? Am I missing something?

English Hersheys for some reason isn't that great, but if you get it from America its really good :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Try Reese's if you like peanut butter :awesome:
    They're horrible too :sad:

ReputationRep:
    i tired it when i was in america and it tasted quite bitter and not sweet at all! i likes all the sugar and stuff in our stuff! x

ReputationRep:
    mmm hersheys kisses are like sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    I was in Asda earlier and saw they had it, so I bought some mainly for the novelty value.

It smells and tastes like sick/out of date milk. Seriously, it's the most awful chocolate I've ever eaten. How on Earth is this brand so huge in America? What's the deal? Am I missing something?

OMG!! NO IT DOESN'T! It tastes like heaven in a chocolate bar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    They're horrible too :sad:
    Just stick to cadbury Potiron :smug:

ReputationRep:
    I tried some when I went to america last year and it was bloody disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay! I like hershey's kisses, someone once brought me a tin back of all sorts of hersheys stuff from new york, part of it is definately the novelty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disenchanted)
    Isn't it because they don't sell Cadbury's chocolate etc out there, the main brand is Hershey's? Americans are probably just used to the taste :P
    They do sell Cadbury's and Lindt and other foreign chocolate but it's all imported so it's more expensive. But Hersey's Kisses and Cookies and Cream are really good, as is Hershey's milk chocolate in s'mores. :yum:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.