Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The first time I ever had it, I bought it from a random and quite dodgy corner shop in Elephant and Castle. It tasted like it was made with off milk, and I assumed that the sell-by date had long passed since it was nowhere to be found on the packaging :confused:

Other than that my experiences of Hershey's chocolate were not bad at all, but they don't touch the smooth milkiness of Galaxy.. or that fairtrade chocolate called Divine which comes from Ghana :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    never tried it but i'm hoping it's nice since i'm going to be living out there for nearly a year, and how could I not have chocolate for that long?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cezz_18)
    I like milk choc, cookies 'n cream and kisses and I hate the dark choc tho! Since we're on chocolates, anyone know where I can buy nestle crunch?
    I saw it in Asda today.

ReputationRep:
    I have had it a few times; absolutely horrible.

But magically their Kisses are om nom nom :coma:

ReputationRep:
    its actually so disgusting!!

My uncle lives in America and whenever I go over I take him loads of packs of minstrels, quality streets etc. he gets sooo happy haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    It tastes better in America.

The pure bliss that is Hershy's Kisses with a bottle of real Mountain Dew :sogood:

Not to mention Double Stuff Oreos and Ben & Jerry's you can actually afford!

If I lived in America I'd be a blimp
    It honestly DOES taste better in America I went to the NYC shop and it was just absolutely gorgeous!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

The pure bliss that is Hershy's Kisses with a bottle of real Mountain Dew :sogood:

That's probably a good thing for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    I was in Asda earlier and saw they had it, so I bought some mainly for the novelty value.

It smells and tastes like sick/out of date milk. Seriously, it's the most awful chocolate I've ever eaten. How on Earth is this brand so huge in America? What's the deal? Am I missing something?

haha! My old English teacher brought us some Hershey's Kisses back from her trip to America. They tasted nice to begin with but somehow had a cheesy aftertaste

ReputationRep:
    The chocolate bar is vile. Hershey's kisses are amazing though and I do love the cookies and cream version. My favourite chocolate at the moment (I change my mind a lot) has to Kinder Maxi bars.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I used to buy them from Woolworths in Hastings, they tasted proper good. Haven't had them in years though, so I'm not sure whether they've changed the recipe or whatever (which could be why people are complaining about the taste. Either that, or they just don't like it... which means more for me ).

ReputationRep:
    I think they are brilliant! :O

ReputationRep:
    I think Hershey's is amazing!

ReputationRep:

double stuffed oreos are only 80p in ASDA, you call that dear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    double stuffed oreos are only 80p in ASDA, you call that dear?
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have never seen Double Stuff in the UK!

Looks like I need to make a trip to ASDA!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    I sent my American boyfriend an enormous box of British chocolates at Christmas. He was shocked to find that the chocolate orange tasted like chocolate. And orange.
    lol :rofl:! bleurgh it was so NASTY
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kasc)

yes :drool: but i hate the peanut butter cups - too sweet

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I love their cookies and creme. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have never seen Double Stuff in the UK!

Looks like I need to make a trip to ASDA!
    haha i went out of my way just to buy them, you still get 14 i believe, and for only 80p you cant go wrong

ReputationRep:
    Hersheys is to real chocolate what UHT is to fresh milk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    I love it!

Maybe there is something wrogn with me.

I love Hershey's chocolate.
    Lol yes, Hershey's is just awful

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.