Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever tried Hershey's chocolate? watch

ReputationRep:
    New metaphor: it tastes like being sick after eating some chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    I love Hershey's

ReputationRep:
    It tastes like dog chocolate :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is disgusting.

I'd vote Green & Black's as the best chocolate on the UK market.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I thought it was quite nice. :'D
    My mom's from California, and she says American people hate it too haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo139)
    Hersheys is to real chocolate what UHT is to fresh milk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo139)
    New metaphor: it tastes like being sick after eating some chocolate.
    That's a simile :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    it's rubbish, I had some when I was in Florida, it was the most revolting cheap tasting chocolate ever.

The best tasting choc is green and blacks milk chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    My ex-bf brought me a bag of Hershey's Kisses back from USA a couple of years ago. They remind me of that really cheap chocolate that you get in advent calendars and novelty Easter eggs. Not a fan.

He also brought me a HUGE box of Jelly Bellys though!

So I forgave him

ReputationRep:
    It was proper rank, I prefer Cadbury's and premium chocolates. I also heard that Asda's bringing over RC Cola, although I've heard reports that it tastes just like own-brand cola (considering that it is owned by the same company that provides own-brand cola to many supermarkets around the world).

ReputationRep:
    the stuff is far too sweet for me now, but when I first moved here from Australia (which has American chocolate) I found the British stuff way too bitter...

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people pay £1.50 for it! Thats more than a bigger bar of lovely galaxy costs.

I went to HersheyPark with some American friends and they were so excited about getting free chocolate, I found it to be disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not the only one, I tried Hershey's Kisses that my mum brought over from America and had to spit it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cezz_18)
    I like milk choc, cookies 'n cream and kisses and I hate the dark choc tho! Since we're on chocolates, anyone know where I can buy nestle crunch?
    I think they've changed the recipe - I used to go down to Asda and pick it up every couple of months when I was younger. Tried it a few weeks ago and it's... meh. Asda still do them though, I think. Might get lucky with Sainsbury's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)

It smells and tastes like sick

It does! It leaves a disgusting sicky taste in your mouth. Ugh. It looks so ****ing nice tho! Sad times.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the one I tried was alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinaturnerbunsenburner)
    the stuff is far too sweet for me now, but when I first moved here from Australia (which has American chocolate) I found the British stuff way too bitter...
    Cadburys seems to be pretty wide spread there? Maybe it was me just trying to pretend the Hersheys wasn't there due to it being revolting, but I don't remember it particularly outnumbering the various Cadbury bars (though it does taste different to British Cadburys).

ReputationRep:
    It's disgusting! I bought some and it tasted like sick or mouldy milk or something
    When I go to America in the summer I'm taking my friend a giant bar of Dairy Milk so she can have real chocolate Before Kraft ruin it, that is

for some reason they taste good in s'mores. i don't know how though because plain they're awful.

ReputationRep:
    I've never witnessed such widespread unity in a debate before! We're all united through our sheer disgust for the crime that is Hershey's chocolate. Never mind peace treaties and summit meetings, the whole world should just get together and biatch about America's chocolate failings.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.