Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nation)
    So basically anyone who is a social retard, can't speak to anyone and witht he worst personal qualities and traits can get into LSE?
    I guess so but I don't understand how that would devalue the course!?!?!?!

The said secluded person would have to be pretty talented and devoted to the subject to get in so whether or not he/she have a social life, the standard of the university and course as a whole would still be high.

ReputationRep:
    so far:
    the teachings bad
    lecturers aren't amazing (apart from econ)
    a lot of us probably dont like our course or aren't there to learn economics and just want a job in the end
    but oh well
    we have fun, the social retard bit isn't true
    anyone that can survive the 3 years and do well in their degree at LSE is definitely clever and would do well in the working world
    yes its probably true, lse churns out bankers and lawyers and accountants etc. but not every university student can end up in research into their subject or teaching their subject... and most oxbridge students end up in the same places as LSE students, so in the end everyones the same

Edit: oh and from 2010 every LSE student learns about current affairs, the world, what causes... and crap like that in a compulsary module...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nation)
    After? THATS BULLSH. One of the leading universty, you should demonstrate the skills and qualities required to be a good 'candidate' for your coures from day one. Any idiot could write 'I HAVE REALYL GOOD XYZ SKILLS, I WORKED IN HILTON HOTEL, DID THEIR FINANCE FOR DEM AND ALLZ' - just cause his dads got links and he did nuff all... He deserves a place? NO.
    I don't usually make these kinds of petty comments but before you start mocking people's grammar, you should probably try learning the difference between 'been' and 'being'...

ReputationRep:
    Great reputation, good connections with foreign countries like Libya... what's not to like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the realist)
    do a real degree. we don't need more lawyers
    Then what do we need?

ReputationRep:
    Writing a personal statement without actually doing anything significant also takes a lot of talent and imagination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the realist)
    do a real degree. we don't need more lawyers
    I don't understand you logic here!

What kind of degrees do you classify as real???

Which degrees do you classify as 'not so real'?

ReputationRep:
    Just one question to this post.

Do you think that a student who has AAAA grades (for undergrad course) or 1st class honours degree (for postgrad course) needs to be interviewed for admission?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaosu_souzousha)
    Writing a personal statement without actually doing anything significant also takes a lot of talent and imagination.
    Telling lies about one's achievement in an interview also takes a lot of talent and intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkhan)
    Just one question to this post.

Do you think that a student who has AAAA grades (for undergrad course) or 1st class honours degree (for postgrad course) needs to be interviewed for admission?
    Well obviously they do. Everyone is perfect on the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Telling lies about one's achievement in an interview also takes a lot of talent and intelligence.
    It does. There are only a few people who can pull off a perfect lie and not get busted as a result.

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously they do. Everyone is perfect on the paper.
    hahahahaha....so everyone gets 100 out of 100.....optimistic results....

ReputationRep:
    It does. There are only a few people who can pull off a perfect lie and not get busted as a result.
    So you admit that lies can be made by telling or by writing (or lie has both verbal & paper formats).....even fake evidence can be made to support lies & can be twisted in such way that no verification could be made. That's why like Harvard or MIT or Yale, LSE's mostly courses required GRE/GMAT as they can be verified and these two tests fairly judge the analytical, mathematical, & verbal abilities of a student. Whereas, mostly courses of golden triangle members (Oxbridge, Imperial, KCL) have no condition of GRE/GMAT.

Hence proved, LSE's admission process is far better than any other institute's in this country.

Case is closed :cool:

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    So you admit that lies can be made by telling or by writing (or lie has both verbal & paper formats).....even fake evidence can be made to support lies & can be twisted in such way that no verification could be made. That's why like Harvard or MIT or Yale, LSE's mostly courses required GRE/GMAT as they can be verified and these two tests fairly judge the analytical, mathematical, & verbal abilities of a student. Whereas, mostly courses of golden triangle members (Oxbridge, Imperial, KCL) have no condition of GRE/GMAT.

Hence proved, LSE's admission process is far better than any other institute's in this country.

Cheers!
    What if someone has slightly worse A levels, but scores higher on these tests? Do you take the slightly worse a level student, and if so wat was the point in doing them at all? If they take the better a level student the test was pointless.

ReputationRep:

Cheers!
    You are implicitly assuming that GMAT/GRE is a superior test

Well you got STEP, AEA, TSA + Academic Interview at Oxbridge and Imperial.

You can lie all the way to the interview or admission test but then it ends isn't it?

I am not really sure what are you arguing about?

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha....so everyone gets 100 out of 100.....optimistic results....
    We are talking specifically about the top universities.
    If you look at the uni stats you will see that the average applicant who manages to get in got ~90% across all modules.

100/100 is indeed very optimistic, well done at misinterpreting my point.

ReputationRep:
    You are implicitly assuming that GMAT/GRE is a superior test

Well you got STEP, AEA, TSA + Academic Interview at Oxbridge and Imperial.

You can lie all the way to the interview or admission test but then it ends isn't it?

I am not really sure what are you arguing about?
    indeed YES GRE or GMAT is a superior test than STEP,AEA or TSA because it's widely accepted & honestly I have never heard of this STEP,AEA or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamesofthrone)
    @ kaosu_souzousha indeed YES GRE or GMAT is a superior test than STEP,AEA or TSA because it's widely accepted & honestly I have never heard of this STEP,AEA or whatever

Leave it he won't understand

ReputationRep:

Leave it he won't understand
    We are discussing undergraduate admission

Gmat has nothing to do with it

get your facts straight, people can listen and understand if explained properly you know

Before making yourself a laughing stock at least read what the thread is about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamesofthrone)
    indeed YES GRE or GMAT is a superior test than STEP,AEA or TSA because it's widely accepted & honestly I have never heard of this STEP,AEA or whatever
    I think we are discussing different things

GMAT and GRE are for graduates, correct?

This is an undergraduate admission discussion, please read the thread before posting

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.