Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Can someone please do the following questions for me:
    Q) Find the sum of the moments about P of the forces shown in the following questions:

Name:  q6.png
Views: 82
Size:  11.5 KB

Name:  q10.png
Views: 88
Size:  13.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    Hi,
    Can someone please do the following questions for me:
    Q) Find the sum of the moments about P of the forces shown in the following questions:

Name:  q6.png
Views: 82
Size:  11.5 KB

Name:  q10.png
Views: 88
Size:  13.1 KB
    We don't 'do' questions for others on here - this isn't a homework service! We can only help you become unstuck after you've shown us some working. These are fairly basic questions on moments so if you can't do them, it'd be best to refer back to your textbook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    We don't 'do' questions for others on here - this isn't a homework service! We can only help you become unstuck after you've shown us some working. These are fairly basic questions on moments so if you can't do them, it'd be best to refer back to your textbook.
    I understand these to be basic questions of m2. But the problem is that i am not getting the answer which is given in the book for the 2nd question. By looking at the solution i think that a mistake has been made in the solution bank.

I have now got the correct answer for the 1st question so no need to try that.
    The answer of the 2nd question in the book is 2.07Nm anticlockwise but my answer is 2.40Nm.
    I didn't show the working because this is a short question.

ReputationRep:
    I understand these to be basic questions of m2. But the problem is that i am not getting the answer which is given in the book for the 2nd question. By looking at the solution i think that a mistake has been made in the solution bank.

The answer of the 2nd question in the book is 2.07Nm anticlockwise but my answer is 2.40Nm.
    The second question is nonsense .... ignore it.

ReputationRep:

Bit of a rush yesterday hence the previous short answer .... look at the triangle in Question 2 ....... you are given two sides of 6m and 5m and two angles of 40 degrees and 122 degrees ..... a quick check with the sine rule shows that such a triangle does not exist !!! This is why you have a different answer ...
    Unfortunately the new M2 book is littered with such disgraceful errors ... I cannot understand how a mathematician can write a question and publish it in a book without realising the such a basic error has been made!
    Maths is about rigour, unfortunately this author is not!

cheers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.