Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Its about 4-5 weeks before most of my exams and i only started on monday.
    Struggled with coursework so spent too long on that now i have little time for revision.
    I have
    History Edexcel- 2 modules one on russian through 20th century and one on henry 8th
    English lit aqa-1 paper
    Bio aqa-2 modules
    Chemistry ocr salters-2 modules

so should i be ok if i work about 10 hours a day during holiday (with 10 minute breaks every hour of course).
    I think i started sooner than this for my gcse's but i plan to be a bit more of an active learner rather than just notes for example plan to do at least 1 history essay and 1 englsih essay per day.

Do you think i'll be ok?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    10 hours a day
    you are MEGA

ReputationRep:
    You definitely have enough time to pull it off. Just get off tsr and study ~

ReputationRep:
    seriously, you do not need to do that much revision! it will only make you stressed and have a negative impact on your health prior to the exams when you need to be at your best. make a timetable and aim to do about 2 - 3 hours a day from now on. when you get closer to each individual exam, increase your hours of focus on that particular topic. you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    i havent started yet and am not planning to until tomorrow as i have had friends over from canada, one of which is a loud 3-year old. my first exam is the 20th May and i have 7 exams. im pretty chilled since most of the stuff ive learnt in school already, some hasnt been taught yet though. but its just a matter of refreshing my memory and practicing in my revision. i plan on doing 9.30 til 5.30 revision days though through easter to make up for the past few days that i havent been able to revise in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwennig)
    Its about 4-5 weeks before most of my exams and i only started on monday.
    Struggled with coursework so spent too long on that now i have little time for revision.
    I have
    History Edexcel- 2 modules one on russian through 20th century and one on henry 8th
    English lit aqa-1 paper
    Bio aqa-2 modules
    Chemistry ocr salters-2 modules

so should i be ok if i work about 10 hours a day during holiday (with 10 minute breaks every hour of course).
    I think i started sooner than this for my gcse's but i plan to be a bit more of an active learner rather than just notes for example plan to do at least 1 history essay and 1 englsih essay per day.

Do you think i'll be ok?
    I'd be a double genius if I could do so much revision. I started revision for my AS levels 4 weeks before my exams and I was fine. Stick with the revision, don't wear yourself out, take breaks and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    get off TSR get revising
    (GTFO&GR)

ReputationRep:
    If you even do one day as you plan to you'll have done more than I did for my AS's.

So yeah you'll be more than fine!

ReputationRep:
    You can completely leave out history revision, trust me. You'll pass it no probs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazular)
    You can completely leave out history revision, trust me. You'll pass it no probs
    Your Sig! Funniest moment in Hot Fuzz, had me ROFLing for about 10 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

I didn't start properly revising for my AS Levels until after Easter last year (granted, Easter was earlier, but I digress...), and I was fine (I got 4 As, with full UMS in 2 modules). Personally, I find it's quality rather than quantity of revision.
    3 hours focused work > 10 hours when you're half concentrating, because tbh it's kind of impossible to stay focused for 10 hours non stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    Yes.

I didn't start properly revising for my AS Levels until after Easter last year (granted, Easter was earlier, but I digress...), and I was fine (I got 4 As, with full UMS in 2 modules). Personally, I find it's quality rather than quantity of revision.
    3 hours focused work > 10 hours when you're half concentrating, because tbh it's kind of impossible to stay focused for 10 hours non stop.
    That's amazing, what subjects did you do? [Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't read through the whole topic]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pensivedore)
    Your Sig! Funniest moment in Hot Fuzz, had me ROFLing for about 10 mins.
    Hehee, thankye! It is rather an awesome film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    That's amazing, what subjects did you do? [Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't read through the whole topic]
    I did French, History, English Lit and Maths. I dropped Maths at AS.

ReputationRep:
    My first AS exam's on the 17th May and I've barely started revising...

It's definitely not too late though, don't think you have to spend 7238374394239473 hours revising - like someone said above, it's quality not quantity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    I did French, History, English Lit and Maths. I dropped Maths at AS.
    how did you revise for history if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livingforthefuture)
    how did you revise for history if you don't mind me asking
    Lots and lots of spider diagrams.
    And practice questions.
    And flash cards

ReputationRep:
    My exams are quite similar to yours and I started revising properly last week, so you should be fine! Although I am a slow learner. and now back to biology...

ReputationRep:
    Im seriously lacking in motivation today

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.