Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    have your easter holidays started yet?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, I plan on doing 10Hrs per day as well, I started my revision a few weeks ago but I just wrote up my revision lists and am shocked by the enormous amount of stuff I have to get through - I have 9 exams - In 6 subjects (inc gen studies). I've realized that I'm not going to get through it all unless I drop everthing else and spend every spare minute revising - so yeah, that the plan I'll be all done for the May hols though

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna beat you all and do 25 hours a day
    ha

ReputationRep:
    I started revising today for my exams starting on the 16th of May, if you get stressed about it, you really wont do well. Calm down and I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwennig)
    Its about 4-5 weeks before most of my exams and i only started on monday.
    Struggled with coursework so spent too long on that now i have little time for revision.
    I have
    History Edexcel- 2 modules one on russian through 20th century and one on henry 8th
    English lit aqa-1 paper
    Bio aqa-2 modules
    Chemistry ocr salters-2 modules

so should i be ok if i work about 10 hours a day during holiday (with 10 minute breaks every hour of course).
    I think i started sooner than this for my gcse's but i plan to be a bit more of an active learner rather than just notes for example plan to do at least 1 history essay and 1 englsih essay per day.

Do you think i'll be ok?
    10 hours a day?
    Don't kid yourself.
    Don't panic, and don't force yourself to revise for so long.

ReputationRep:
    i started today.. *gulp*..

ReputationRep:
    I said i was going to do 9 hours a day (9-6) but its not working
    So now im writing lists of topics i need to cover and doing it that way, taking breaks after every topic

It makes me tired to just sit an revise (sounds stupid i know) but i have to move after a while

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybeany)
    I said i was going to do 9 hours a day (9-6) but its not working
    So now im writing lists of topics i need to cover and doing it that way, taking breaks after every topic

It makes me tired to just sit an revise (sounds stupid i know) but i have to move after a while

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    I wanted to do 5-6 hours a day, but loads of university application stuff is making it hard for me to revise.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is worrying, I haven't even thought about starting yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany94)
    this thread is worrying, I haven't even thought about starting yet
    Whens your first exam?

ReputationRep:
    Struggled with coursework so spent too long on that now i have little time for revision.
    I have
    History Edexcel- 2 modules one on russian through 20th century and one on henry 8th
    English lit aqa-1 paper
    Bio aqa-2 modules

so should i be ok if i work about 10 hours a day during holiday (with 10 minute breaks every hour of course).
    I think i started sooner than this for my gcse's but i plan to be a bit more of an active learner rather than just notes for example plan to do at least 1 history essay and 1 englsih essay per day.

Do you think i'll be ok?
    This is so weird - I was just about to start a similar thread, when I saw yours on the homepage. I am in a similar situation! I was planning on doing 10 hour days with breaks this holidays, but it's thursday now and I'm still doing my f***ing coursework which I am finding really hard! Also, I found out my granddad's got a year to live MAX at the beginning of the hols, and I can't work. I just sit around doing nothing, or crying. I'm so frustrated because I can definitely get the grades I want, but I feel like I've left it too late. I have two orals really soon too
    Just feel really unorganised and depressed.
    Help me someone?!
    Advice? Motivation?
    I know I sound really pathetic, but I've never had to deal with stuff like this before.

ReputationRep:
    Whens your first exam?
    The 16th of May, so I still have a month to get cracking! I think i'll start tomorrow now, set texts here I come

ReputationRep:
    The sooner you start the better, and the earlier it is, the more helpful it will be. Even still, ANY revision, even the day before can help you pick up extra marks. Your best bet is to try and get hold of as many past-papers as possible. Do them, correct them, and make a note of questions you lost marks on. That's what you need to be revising, because its what you are struggling with. That method should work for your sciences.

For History and English, your essay idea sounds great. In both those subjects, how good you are at writing essays plays a big part in your final grade, so that practice should really help. 10 hours a day, however is far too much. Five would be enough, seven is probably the most you should be doing.

Also, I know your under the english exam system, but if you go onto the itunes app store, the SQA has a very good app called mystudyplan. It might be a good idea to check it out,

ReputationRep:
    The 16th of May, so I still have a month to get cracking! I think i'll start tomorrow now, set texts here I come
    Ooh mine starts then tooo - I have 8

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with that. I can assure that if you do happen to have any other interests, aside from studying, you will be incredibly miserable revising 10 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh mine starts then tooo - I have 8

Good luck!!
    I feel your pain, I have 9 in 2 weeks with 3 on one day , but good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain, I have 9 in 2 weeks with 3 on one day , but good luck to you too!

Ooooh thats bad!

Have fun revising :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    10 hours a day????? I swear for my As's i struglled for revises for 30 minutes :L :L and tis the same this year I can't revise I spend more time making notes then actually looking at them......good luck but you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    I did French, History, English Lit and Maths. I dropped Maths at AS.
    sorry hope you don't mind me asking but i'm doing the exact same subjects you did, i'm finw with revising for maths coz im just doing papers, but how did you revise for french/english/history? i know i should be doing practice essays for all three really but i'm particularly worried about my french oral and remembering all my history so yeah what did you do? (and how much)

ReputationRep:
    I have
    English lit aqa-1 paper
    Bio aqa-2 modules

Do you think i'll be ok?
    OMG the most revision i have ever done is maybe 1 or two hours a day and i didn't start till bout 3 weeks before the exams. Means u will get great marks at as level then which will be useful considering how hard a2 exams are

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.