Turn on thread page Beta

how come guys think that girls like bad boys watch

ReputationRep:
    i am a nice guy and i have a gf and she was one of the popular girls in high school. i was that shy guy so i don't understand? can someone please explain this to me

ReputationRep:
    Coz they always catchin' their eye init.

ReputationRep:
    Different types of girls like different types of guys.

ReputationRep:
    Because they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Because they do.
    This

ReputationRep:
    It's because of jealously. Especially on TSR. Of course you can get a girl if you're not a "bad boy".
    It's just many social retards on here don't. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sicarius1992)
    Coz they always catchin' their eye init.
    Even though they know there no good for them?

ReputationRep:
    Because being a nice guy hasn't worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    Because a lot of 'bad boys' are confident and risky and so on. A lot of girls like that. Even girls that go with shy guys will normally have an atrraction to the bad boy types.

The same way, most guys will find themselves a bit attracted to girls who are quite confident, so long as they're half decent looking.

If you're confident, and put yourself out there without caring then attract more attention.

ReputationRep:
    I'll explain it.
    'Popular girls' like 'bad boys' in school, as these are the loudest people in school, they get noticed and sweeping statements like yours are made.
    Everyone leaves school.
    'Quiet' people move on to higher education (this is where the girls <3 bad boys thoery falls apart)
    Popular girls learn to be hairdressers
    Bad boys work in McDonalds
    The only contact you get with bad boys and popular girls is when you get your hair cut or order your fries.
    That's how nice guys get girlfriends, by not failing at life and meeting girls who also don't fail at life.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Because a lot of 'bad boys' are confident and risky and so on. A lot of girls like that. Even girls that go with shy guys will normally have an atrraction to the bad boy types.

The same way, most guys will find themselves a bit attracted to girls who are quite confident, so long as they're half decent looking.

If you're confident, and put yourself out there without caring then attract more attention.
    did i just get lucky then? the teacher placed me to work on a school project with her and it worked out. of course everyone was shocked but still its kinda weird to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris700)
    did i just get lucky then? the teacher placed me to work on a school project with her and it worked out. of course everyone was shocked but still its kinda weird to me
    Nah, it's not luck.

I'm just saying a lot of girls have that initial attraction to bad boys. That's not to say they don't have it toward lots of other types of guy. It's just a pretty universal thing for most girls I know.

I know my GF tends to like the confident, bad boy types, but I bagged her And I'm definately not a bad boy type

ReputationRep:
    Most people at school age think this, and it's totally untrue. Me and my girlfriend are proof of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manc990)
    Even though they know there no good for them?
    Pretty much.. grass is always greener, and most teenage girls tend to manage to find something about themselves or their friendships/relationships to be unhappy/unsatisfied with - neg if you like girls but deep down you know it's kinda true of most of ye!

(Original post by Steevee)
    Because a lot of 'bad boys' are confident and risky and so on
    this, plus 'challenging' partners stimulate (as well as irritate) - often a question of where a girl's threshold lies between crazy in love and just plain driving them mad :rolleyes:

On the extremes you have control freaks and super-laid back girls, who tend to go for 'safer' Mr.Nice Guys mind

(Original post by Sam2424)
    nice guys get girlfriends, by not failing at life and meeting girls who also don't fail at life
    haha, nicely put. I fail at life and yet am at uni, am sporty/half decent looking and yet not a popular type, have reasonable success with the ladies but do not consider myself a 'bad boy' - though I guess I have some similar faculties..

..best way to be in my experience: beyond the old cliché of 'being yourself', is a bit of a mix - self-confident but not cocky, commanding/(sexually) dominant but no philistine

(Original post by chris700)
    did i just get lucky then?
    If you meet a girl you like, who likes you and doesn't care what kind of guy you are or how much money you have etc, then yes you should consider yourself lucky!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.