Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmin-alica)
    It's mad! Do we actually have to know all the studies in detail and key issues as we knew them from the previous approaches?! Way too much info if we do :eek: I have a specification but it doesn't specify how many marks worth of info we need for all of it so i don't know whether to learn them briefly or overload my brain with all of it ha. Anyone else wondering the same? X
    This is what I remember from teacher - but don't quote me on it!

Research methods: 2 - 6 marks per Q
    might be... describe and evaluate a field study

Ethics: 6 marks if it just on human/animal ethical guidelines, up to 18 if it focuses on one topic

Key Issue/Debates/Contributions: could be the 12/18marks

Then the plan a study won't be more than 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    I'm just reading over my notes and spider diagrams really

So, how did people find the exam? Not too bad eh?!
    I think I may have just scraped an A, but I lost a lot of marks through misreading the very poorly written question for the Criminology section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Sid)
    I think I may have just scraped an A, but I lost a lot of marks through misreading the very poorly written question for the Criminology section.
    Was this the one about media violence? My friend found that question a little off-putting but I didn't mind, the last question on child annoyed me.

ReputationRep:
    People here doing Clinical and key issues? I'm on an A (got 92, 90 and 83 or something % in the 3 previous units) and I've not yet started revising (exam Tues). I've got 2 other exams on Monday and I'm wondering will I be ok starting day before on Monday and still doing well? Not like I've got much more time anyway but if its not possible to go over it all in 8 hours or so i'll start tomorrow instead? I need an A overall but can probably get a C or B and still get A? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limeey)
    People here doing Clinical and key issues? I'm on an A (got 92, 90 and 83 or something % in the 3 previous units) and I've not yet started revising (exam Tues). I've got 2 other exams on Monday and I'm wondering will I be ok starting day before on Monday and still doing well? Not like I've got much more time anyway but if its not possible to go over it all in 8 hours or so i'll start tomorrow instead? I need an A overall but can probably get a C or B and still get A? Thanks
    If those numbers you gave me are correct you'll need... 60%, so an exact C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    Was this the one about media violence? My friend found that question a little off-putting but I didn't mind, the last question on child annoyed me.
    What did you write for the essay question on child if you dont mind me asking..i'm not sure if I did mine correctly, that's why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiebot)
    the plan a study won't be more than 12

How would you answer that? I always find it hard to make up studies on the spot. If this comes up i am doomed!

ReputationRep:
    I think I love you guys. :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z116)
    How would you answer that? I always find it hard to make up studies on the spot. If this comes up i am doomed!
    I think it's likely that a plan a study question won't come up cus it came up as an essay question last June, BUT don't take my word for it. I'm not gonna bother revising that part.

ReputationRep:
    HIE! so ya'll are like awesome with your notes and reading about how alot are still cramming in over the wkend makes me feel way less panicky XD

Aanyway, does anyone have last year's psych unit 4 June paper? Could someone upload it? I couldn't find it anywhere online..I also couldn't find the specimen paper by Edexcel so I would be like 100x grateful if someone could share that too =s

It's just that I take chem and bio and maths besides psych and you know, theres like a million past papers for each and like a million more practice questions and stuff and I havn't done any for psych unit4 and its making me super scared its like walking into the exam hall naked @[email protected] lol....

Okay! so i've found both with mark schemes >

sample paper
    http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...psychology.pdf

June 2010 paper
    http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce...s/default.aspx

But for the June paper you need to have an edexcel username and password and I can't remember mine and I can't retrieve it and it locks down after 5 attempts of logging in so could someone please log in, download the qs paper and mark scheme and please please share it here XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ritzpreet)
    HIE! so ya'll are like awesome with your notes and reading about how alot are still cramming in over the wkend makes me feel way less panicky XD

Aanyway, does anyone have last year's psych unit 4 June paper? Could someone upload it? I couldn't find it anywhere online..I also couldn't find the specimen paper by Edexcel so I would be like 100x grateful if someone could share that too =s

It's just that I take chem and bio and maths besides psych and you know, theres like a million past papers for each and like a million more practice questions and stuff and I havn't done any for psych unit4 and its making me super scared its like walking into the exam hall naked @[email protected] lol....
    I have links to the unit 4 past paper on a previous page.

ReputationRep:
    I have links to the unit 4 past paper on a previous page.
    hey it says I have to log in and there's no sign up page =s O_o Its the Pennystone Grammar School website right? Maybe it's cause i'm like..in Malaysia. Owh god I must sound annoying but i cant get iiittt =,(

ReputationRep:
    hey it says I have to log in and there's no sign up page =s O_o Its the Pennystone Grammar School website right? Maybe it's cause i'm like..in Malaysia. Owh god I must sound annoying but i cant get iiittt =,(
    In that case I will attach the papers to a post when I get onto my computer. You'll have to be patient whilst I finish my breakfast I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    In that case I will attach the papers to a post when I get onto my computer. You'll have to be patient whilst I finish my breakfast I'm afraid.
    *bows down to you* I'm the most patient person you will ever meet. THANK YOU SO MUCH :elefant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z116)
    Good question! They tend to give you the aim so I would turn that into my hypothesis, then it will give you a choice between three research methods and then you just have to explain how you'd do it and why you were do it that way.

e.g I would do a lab exp because it has controls and this will increase reliability and validity.

Our mock Q was something along the lines of
    "You want to conduct a study into most effective way of revising - cramming or long term revision. Explain how you would research this using either a lab exp, a field exp or a field study and evaluate your choices"

ReputationRep:
    I read this as you were putting them in the post, as in a big envelope and posting them. I was like wow, dedication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiebot)
    I read this as you were putting them in the post, as in a big envelope and posting them. I was like wow, dedication.
    Hahaha, unless I train a high-speed carrier pigeon to deliver it, I don't think it would arrive in time.

*bows down to you* I'm the most patient person you will ever meet. THANK YOU SO MUCH :elefant:
    Attached is the unit 4 2010 paper, along with the mark scheme. Enjoy!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf unit 4 psychology 2010.pdf (967.9 KB, 114 views)
  2. File Type: pdf unit 4 psychology 2010 mark scheme.pdf (367.2 KB, 380 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadima)
    What did you write for the essay question on child if you dont mind me asking..i'm not sure if I did mine correctly, that's why
    Don't worry about it. I'm just as unsure about my answer tbh, so I tried to cover everything. I talked about the secure attachment, how it was most popular, how the child would react in the different stages of the strange situation. Then when t why we do them (cultural studies I said about why we do them (understanding cultural differences with child-rearing, investigating universal behaviour, the nature/nurture debate) and then wrote in detail about Germany and Israel attachment types, with percentages of their most common and elements of their society which may lead to those attachment types.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea on what will come up? I've just started revision today as I have so many, more important exams Well looking at the last paper, I'm assuming this one is going to be mainly about depression? What are the chances of schizoprenia coming up again? Seems unlikely.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also, you don't have to name studies in evaluation do you? I think my teacher said you didn't, and you simple say, "One study suggests..."

Thanks again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2012

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.