Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcfilly)
    are you being serious? 51/90 for an A!?!? that is 56% lol.. that is ridiculously low - are you sure that's right!?
    Yep, that's right. Go on this link and scroll down to Psychology (page 12):
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...and%20Int).pdf

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I have BIOL5 on wednesday too! Disaster D:
    I made sure I was equally ready for Psych and Bio last night, so I could give myself all of today for Psych and all of tomorrow for Bio. (Aside from during the Psych exam!)
    Good luck everyone - early nights, need to be well rested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcfilly)
    are you being serious? 51/90 for an A!?!? that is 56% lol.. that is ridiculously low - are you sure that's right!?
    Yeah, it is right.
    The grade boundaries are really low on this exam because well.....it's hard, and people do badly... ha.

ReputationRep:
    I've only slept for 3 hours. I've been doing clinical, still have no idea on synoptic so... cram for the next couple of hours. This exam proper sucks :-/

Why not reduce the content and make the grade boundaries higher? It will be the same difficulty, but then there would be more emphasis on learning and understanding specific information than learning simply to pass an exam. I thought the whole point of study was understanding. Ugh!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ARGH i'm so scared. I actually don't know anything and I feel so sick =S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    ARGH i'm so scared. I actually don't know anything and I feel so sick =S
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    For Edexcel: morning exams may not be discussed until 12:00 midnight (BST) and afternoon exams until 4:30 AM (BST).
    Is BST the same as GMT?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    NO discussion until midnight tonight guys. BST means British Summer Time.

ReputationRep:
    I've removed a bunch of posts. This thread will be locked if there's any more Edexcel chatter. Just be patient guys!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I've removed a bunch of posts. This thread will be locked if there's any more Edexcel chatter. Just be patient guys!
    Thank you =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Ahhh sorry if any of that was me. Luckily I won't be able to ramble as I'm planning on deep hibernation to recover from the mass revision sessions recently.

ReputationRep:
    so i posted exam talk here..didnt read the mods post. Got too excited. Lol. Midnight? man i got so much to say/ask! Hurry up!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lol. Calm dear! I shall be here at midnight to talk

ReputationRep:
    At least we have David Tennant dancing in Revd. Mike's sig to entertain us until then. :mmm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    At least we have David Tennant dancing in Revd. Mike's sig to entertain us until then. :mmm:
    Haha, I love that sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briesandwich)

Haha, I love that sig
    I aim to please

ReputationRep:
    i cant see any Sigs. Even tho i swear i checked it on the other day. :/ ill have to check!
    Ouchie, got an alert & my first negative rep. Didn't realise Edexcel did exams across the world! Just went ahead and did what I normally do for all exams. Shame I was on my phone really, could have got rid of it sooner! :/ Not a good start... only just getting into TSR!

So... er... what to talk about while we are waiting? I'm so bored I started talking to my dog. :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    As we can talk about Unit 3-

Did you think there was a mistake with one f the questions in Criminal? Either that or it was just poorly ordered. I can't rememebr the exact wording but it was on media violence, and there were two small questions, basically reworded. That seemed to be the only difference.

ReputationRep:
    As we can talk about Unit 3-

Did you think there was a mistake with one f the questions in Criminal? Either that or it was just poorly ordered. I can't rememebr the exact wording but it was on media violence, and there were two small questions, basically reworded. That seemed to be the only difference.
    I found the whole of Criminal to be extremely poorly worded. I had to re-read about four questions several times to understand exactly what they wanted. Frustrating because I only got a mid-C last time and need an A.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by El_Sid)
    I found the whole of Criminal to be extremely poorly worded. I had to re-read about four questions several times to understand exactly what they wanted. Frustrating because I only got a mid-C last time and need an A.
    I found it badly worded too, but hopefully I interpreted it correctly. I'm sure it was the same question really. I'm sure you'll get the A. Compared to previous Unit 3's that didn't seem to bad. The questions could have been way worse, even though it was badly worded.

What do you think the boundaries will be like? High? Low?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.