Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    Ah that makes sense, i'm sure you'll be fine though, at least you can concentrate on Unit 4 a bit more I can't elieve the exams are so lcose together. My exam timetable is a *****!

And I know, we're special
    Yea, I guess. I know right?! They could have given us a bit longer. I have so many exams in between. Literally all my exams are in the space of 2 weeks And I'm doing 7 exams. How many exams are you doing? Do you have any spaces in between?

Cannot believe how fast they have come around. I remember celebrating new year, and now its basically May already. Hahaa.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by INeedToRevise)
    Yea, I guess. I know right?! They could have given us a bit longer. I have so many exams in between. Literally all my exams are in the space of 2 weeks And I'm doing 7 exams. How many exams are you doing? Do you have any spaces in between?

Cannot believe how fast they have come around. I remember celebrating new year, and now its basically May already. Hahaa.
    Oh no, so unlucky! I only have 4 exams,which isn't too bad, but my film one is almost 3 hours long. All essay questions
    My first one is the 8th June then I have a week til the next, then another the next day, and then another 4 days. It really sucks, not looking forward to the 16th and 17th at all!

It has gone incredibly quickly hasn't it. I've got a younger sister who has just started AS (I say that...but in fact she's almost finished hasn't she!) It seems like only yesterday that I was in her position. I rememeber my first day at college as clear as day!

By the way, I apoligise for my spelling atm, i'm just getting over a migrane!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, so unlucky! I only have 4 exams,which isn't too bad, but my film one is almost 3 hours long. All essay questions
    My first one is the 8th June then I have a week til the next, then another the next day, and then another 4 days. It really sucks, not looking forward to the 16th and 17th at all!

It has gone incredibly quickly hasn't it. I've got a younger sister who has just started AS (I say that...but in fact she's almost finished hasn't she!) It seems like only yesterday that I was in her position. I rememeber my first day at college as clear as day!

By the way, I apoligise for my spelling atm, i'm just getting over a migrane!
    Ooh ok. They could be worse haha. So at least you have a week space. And then four days.
    Thats so weird lol, my sister is also doing AS. Haha.

Ahh, we just have to get through this year. And then we can relax at uni lool.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ooh ok. They could be worse haha. So at least you have a week space. And then four days.
    Thats so weird lol, my sister is also doing AS. Haha.

Ahh, we just have to get through this year. And then we can relax at uni lool.
    Yeah, it could be worse, one of my friends last year had 3 exams in one day!

Yeah lol, i'll be really nice to go out and meet people!

ReputationRep:
    :shock: I'm not the only one sitting these exams then?! I'm quite nervous because I didn't do as well as I hoped I would in the AS year (due to a family issue ) and I'm only retaking unit 2. I'm feeling confident though!

For Clinical, did you guys study Unipolar Depression or Anorexia Nervosa? My teacher refuses to teach us about Anorexia since teenagers are more sensitive to body issues etc.

How I love Clinical. :love: I'm fed up with issues and debates though. I feel like none of it has 'sunk in'!

ReputationRep:
    has anybody got the edexcel psychology june 2010 paper plz post it if you have it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godfather123)
    has anybody got the edexcel psychology june 2010 paper plz post it if you have it
    Unfortunately Edexcel have this stupid lock for all 2010 exam papers on their website. :rolleyes: Most likely for those people who are having to resit and such like. I'm assuming you're at college, so if you go into your exams office they usually have a password to be able to unlock them and print them off for you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    :shock: I'm not the only one sitting these exams then?! I'm quite nervous because I didn't do as well as I hoped I would in the AS year (due to a family issue ) and I'm only retaking unit 2. I'm feeling confident though!

For Clinical, did you guys study Unipolar Depression or Anorexia Nervosa? My teacher refuses to teach us about Anorexia since teenagers are more sensitive to body issues etc.

How I love Clinical. :love: I'm fed up with issues and debates though. I feel like none of it has 'sunk in'!
    Hello, and welcome!

I'm nervous too, we all are, so you're in good company. I wish you all the best of luck!

For Clinical we did Anorexia Nervosa, I'm not sure why the teachers chose it, but I wish we'd done Unipolar Depression, as i'm a severe suffrer, and it's a condition that's still a bit of a taboo and not really understood as a proper disease.

I love clinical too. And Biological :love:. I'm a real science freak! Loads of people in my class hate those approaches, but for me, they're heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, and welcome!

I'm nervous too, we all are, so you're in good company. I wish you all the best of luck!

For Clinical we did Anorexia Nervosa, I'm not sure why the teachers chose it, but I wish we'd done Unipolar Depression, as i'm a severe suffrer, and it's a condition that's still a bit of a taboo and not really understood as a proper disease.

I love clinical too. And Biological :love:. I'm a real science freak! Loads of people in my class hate those approaches, but for me, they're heaven.
    There must be something about Psychology that attracts those with mental illness. I'm on sertraline for depression and anxiety, I must admit it's a lot easier to answer a question on depression if you have experienced it! I loooooove the biological explanations in Clinical, but biological at AS for me was awful, but probably because my teacher taught it in the most mundane and apathetic way possible. :sigh: And I'm retaking Unit 2, so I'm having to reteach it to myself all over again! :nooo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I can imagine! One reason I took Psych in the first place is to understand myself a bit better, not just my illness, but all my cognitive processes, and i've just fallen in love with it. I'm such a geek, I love to remember all the parts of the brain and what they do

That really sucks, I thought about retaking Unit 2, as I was only about 3 marks off an A, but i didn't think it was worth it considering it's in June, when I have other exams to do. So I thought i'd just work extra hard now. Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do great.

Are you going to uni?

ReputationRep:

I did Unipolar Depression
    I'm the opposite to you. I hate Clinical. And well I hate issues and debates as well. I think psychology just bores me.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to uni?
    I am! Mental Health Nursing at Bournemouth is my firm, and Psychology at Southampton as my insurance. :^_^: I'm very excited! Are you going to nurture (as opposed to nature? :teehee:) your love of Psychology in University?

I think psychology just bores me.
    :eek: Psychology, boring?! Never! :cool: What other A Levels are you taking? I'm doing nothing else science based so I think that's why I can enjoy Psychology at lot more than most.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I am! Mental Health Nursing at Bournemouth is my firm, and Psychology at Southampton as my insurance. :^_^: I'm very excited! Are you going to nurture (as opposed to nature? :teehee:) your love of Psychology in University?
    Awesome, I wanted to do that one, I might go back to nursing if I don't succeed in getting into Clinical Neuropsychology though.

Is is it geeky that I laughed out loud at that? :teehee:

ReputationRep:

:eek: Psychology, boring?! Never! :cool: What other A Levels are you taking? I'm doing nothing else science based so I think that's why I can enjoy Psychology at lot more than most.
    I'm doing Bio and Chem. I did ICT at AS and then dropped it and carried on with psychology. Haha. I loved psychology in AS and now at A2 I'm finding it so boring. Have to force myself to revise for it

I love chemistry :love:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm doing Bio and Chem. I did ICT at AS and then dropped it and carried on with psychology. Haha. I loved psychology in AS and now at A2 I'm finding it so boring. Have to force myself to revise for it

I love chemistry :love:
    I have to admit, there are some bits of psychology that I find boring too, like some of issues and debates, and research methods, but I think everyone gets that with every subject.

I always loved chemistry too. I wish i'd taken Bio though

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, there are some bits of psychology that I find boring too, like some of issues and debates, and research methods, but I think everyone gets that with every subject.

I always loved chemistry too. I wish i'd taken Bio though
    Oh I hate bio so much haha. Its crazy at A2

ReputationRep:
    Is is it geeky that I laughed out loud at that? :teehee:
    No, it means you're awesome. :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No, it means you're awesome. :sexface:
    :dance:

ok...now i'm sad!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh I hate bio so much haha. Its crazy at A2
    awww. I'm not so keen on plant biology. But human Bio, that's my area! I obviously don't do it at A level, but I learn it in my spare time

ReputationRep:
    awww. I'm not so keen on plant biology. But human Bio, that's my area! I obviously don't do it at A level, but I learn it in my spare time
    Same lool plants=boring. Haha. I imagine you will have to do some biology in uni if your doing psychology so its good to get a head start

Can't believe someone negged me for saying I hate biology -.-

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.