Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    :eek: I would LOVE them if you don't mind sharing!

I've finished for criminal, nearly finished revising child (Only Bowlby's 44 thieves study to go...Genie is easy to remember because of how sad it is. ) and then I'll be doing Issues and Debates and Clinical. Hopefully I'll finish those two before Friday so I can recap unit 3 yet again.
    Heyy, I figured out how to attach documents LOL. I've attached my notes. I hope they're useful..sorry if they're not and feel free to ask me anything that you're unsure of

P.S FEEL FREE EVERYONE TO READ FROM MY UNIT 4 NOTES ATTACHED HERE IF YOU WANT SOME NOTES TO REVISE FROM..just want to make it clear
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Unit 4 revision notes.doc (747.5 KB, 4884 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorkish)
    Ok, so we had a new psychology teacher this year, and she was pants. Our whole class is worrying about the clinical part of the exam, because all she did was give us sheets, which were really badly organised, and her spelling is awful so half of them don't make sense.

Half the stuff of the syllabus we havent been taught....

So for my first question! Does anyone have a more concise definition of abnormality (statistical & social norm).

Thanksss!
    Also, notes and model answers would be awesome if anyone has any! ;P
    Hey, I just read about your teacher being useless for Psychology lol, so I've attached my Unit 4 Issues and Debates notes in this thread somewhere if you want something to revise from
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I went to a revision session today, and my teacher from last year is one of the head examiners. She's usually very good with her guesses as to what will come up, and she doesn't think that any questions on A2 contrbutions to society will come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    I went to a revision session today, and my teacher from last year is one of the head examiners. She's usually very good with her guesses as to what will come up, and she doesn't think that any questions on A2 contrbutions to society will come up.
    Heyy, yeahh, the A2 contributions won't come up because Criminal and Child came up last year..not sure if the AS contributions and the Clinical contribution will come up though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nadima)
    Heyy, yeahh, the A2 contributions won't come up because Criminal and Child came up last year..not sure if the AS contributions and the Clinical contribution will come up though...
    I know they did, but just because they were in it last year doesn't mean it definetly won't be in it this year, it just makes it a little less likely.

She doesn't think Clinical will come up either, as it's one of the A2 ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    I know they did, but just because they were in it last year doesn't mean it definetly won't be in it this year, it just makes it a little less likely.

She doesn't think Clinical will come up either, as it's one of the A2 ones
    Yeah I know what you mean..I doubt it will come up unless examiners ask to make comparisons between the contributions or whatever. The AS contributions are sooo long though cus you have to know 2 contributions each for them, whereas with the A2 contributions, you only need to know 1 contribution each
    The content's just too long!

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh, hopefully it will! I hope the essay question is an easy one. I have a feeling the key issue/evidence of practice will come up for Child as it hasn't come up at all in the past papers, so just keep your eye on that one incase it comes up
    I've attached my unit 4 revision notes for you too here
    I REALLY hope this helps..feel free to ask me anything as I've written it in the context that best works for me and there's a few tips around my notes that I've put in there such as how to plan an essay on a particular topic in the exam.
    I'm really sorry if it doesn't help..sorry if it's not of any use! But hopefully, it will help cus everyone pretty much learns the same stuff for Issues and Debates, exccept some of the studies you may have learnt are different. Good luck though and let me know if my notes were useful
    I can't thank you enough for these. I was in such a panic over Issues and Debates. Have such rubbish notes from class but you have literally saved me. Your notes are very organised and in a great amount of detail which is exactly what I need. I really appreciate you sharing them on here.
    Thanks a lot! and good luck to you. I'm sure you will get the grade you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToRevise)
    I can't thank you enough for these. I was in such a panic over Issues and Debates. Have such rubbish notes from class but you have literally saved me. Your notes are very organised and in a great amount of detail which is exactly what I need. I really appreciate you sharing them on here.
    Thanks a lot! and good luck to you. I'm sure you will get the grade you deserve.
    Thank you. I really appreciate that they've been of use because I thought it would be nice to share it with other people so they can also make use of them cus it took me a good week to type them up. If there's something that you feel isn't right, feel free to ask me It's in a lot of detail because I want each sentence to be enough for one mark because at A2, we obviously need to write in more depth than AS to get a mark. I hope you also achieve the grade you want because you also seem hardworking

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just read about your teacher being useless for Psychology lol, so I've attached my Unit 4 Issues and Debates notes in this thread somewhere if you want something to revise from
    Thankyou!

I think I'm fine with issues and debates. Our teacher for that side is very good. Its just the teacher for clinical (we have 2 teachers & they split the topics), she was pants. You know, I was reading through the book, and we hadn't been taught the social explanation of schizophrenia... only the biological! :/

Basically all ive got left to go over now is social approach, cognitive approach, issues & debates & criminal.
    I resat the unit 2 exam a week back, so im pretty good on learning, psychodynamic & biological approach if anyone needs a hand.

ReputationRep:
    Wow - A thread about edexcel psychology!!! I do it too

How is all your revision going??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcfilly)
    Wow - A thread about edexcel psychology!!! I do it too

How is all your revision going??
    Lol, it's quite fun COMPARED to my English revision cus I only started English today and my exam's on Thursday..it's depressing me!
    But on the other side, my Psychology's been going pretty well..quite time consuming, but I'm almost done with it..just have half of the Issues and Debates to go and that's done
    Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, it's quite fun COMPARED to my English revision cus I only started English today and my exam's on Thursday..it's depressing me!
    But on the other side, my Psychology's been going pretty well..quite time consuming, but I'm almost done with it..just have half of the Issues and Debates to go and that's done
    Wbu?
    I'm in the same boat as well with both Psychology revision AND the fact I've only started serious revision for my Literature exam today. My exam is also on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Wbu?
    Yeh it is going ok - I love psychology so I am finding revision alright actually!! It is my last exam .. which is nice because now I just have a week to really focus on it after my horrible biology exam yesterday!!

It is very time consuming because you can't just learn bullet points you have to kind of learn an essay answer for each thing don't you.. but hey ho!! almost there!!

I am hoping to do psychology at uni - what are you going to do?

Also - you know for the issues and debates part, are you kind of going over whole studies and their details again ( like all the compulsary ones from AS and A2 unit 1) or are you just sort of revising the main points about them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as well with both Psychology revision AND the fact I've only started serious revision for my Literature exam today. My exam is also on Thursday.
    Oh reallyy What examboard are you on and what texts are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it is going ok - I love psychology so I am finding revision alright actually!! It is my last exam .. which is nice because now I just have a week to really focus on it after my horrible biology exam yesterday!!

It is very time consuming because you can't just learn bullet points you have to kind of learn an essay answer for each thing don't you.. but hey ho!! almost there!!

I am hoping to do psychology at uni - what are you going to do?

Also - you know for the issues and debates part, are you kind of going over whole studies and their details again ( like all the compulsary ones from AS and A2 unit 1) or are you just sort of revising the main points about them?
    Aww, hopefully you'll achieve better than you expect for Bio! I'm hoping to study English Language and Linguistics and really want to go to Queen Mary, but I know I'm not gonna get in cus I need a high B this year to get a B overall, which I know I'm not gonna get
    Nahh, I'm just revising over the studies, not like proper proper learning them. The aim, procedure, results and conclusion are worth 6 marks in total so just ensure you know it in enough depth, but obviously don't go into toooo much detail and evaluation is worth 6 marks, which is straightforward
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Aww, hopefully you'll achieve better than you expect for Bio! I'm hoping to study English Language and Linguistics and really want to go to Queen Mary, but I know I'm not gonna get in cus I need a high B this year to get a B overall, which I know I'm not gonna get
    Nahh, I'm just revising over the studies, not like proper proper learning them. The aim, procedure, results and conclusion are worth 6 marks in total so just ensure you know it in enough depth, but obviously don't go into toooo much detail and evaluation is worth 6 marks, which is straightforward
    Hope this helps
    Cool It is hard to know what to revise and what to not really - I am not really sure what to expect from the issues and debates part!!

I am sure you will be fine - what have Queen Mary offered you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh reallyy What examboard are you on and what texts are you studying?
    AQA. :cool: The topic is 'Love Through The Ages'.
    For my coursework I read 'The Color Purple', 'The Winter's Tale' and 'The Clerk's Tale'.
    For the exam I'm rereading those, as well as looking at loads of poetry, prose like Jane Eyre, The Happy Prince, The Erl King, Lady Chatterley's Lover and plays such as King Lear and She Stoops To Conquer. What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Cool It is hard to know what to revise and what to not really - I am not really sure what to expect from the issues and debates part!!

I am sure you will be fine - what have Queen Mary offered you?
    Yeahh, because you have to learn sooo much but there's an 18 marker and 12 marker for that bit so there aren't many short answer questions, but you have to learn everything as you don't know what to expect!
    Well I originally applied for Psychology and they've given me an offer for 340 ucas points with an A in Psychology, but if I get my place after results day, I wanna change to English Language and Linguistics but I can't do that without a minimum B in English

ReputationRep:
    AQA. :cool: The topic is 'Love Through The Ages'.
    For my coursework I read 'The Color Purple', 'The Winter's Tale' and 'The Clerk's Tale'.
    For the exam I'm rereading those, as well as looking at loads of poetry, prose like Jane Eyre, The Happy Prince, The Erl King, Lady Chatterley's Lover and plays such as King Lear and She Stoops To Conquer. What about yourself?
    Woww, sounds interesting
    I'm on OCR I looked at Gothic texts for my c/w and for the exam, I'm studying Othello for section A and The Rover with the Rape of the Lock for section B..its so damn hard

ReputationRep:
    So how is everyone revising?? Revision techniques etc?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.