Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you girls like big chest and biceps? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_90)
    Eww. That's nasty.
    point proven.

ReputationRep:
    Not interested in the slightest, there again i don't judge men solely on looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirin?)
    Girls always go for the jerks though .
    Nice guys like me don't stand a chance, i try so hard too
    Nah they just catch our eyes. i've never dated anyone until ' been friends with them for a while. helps sort the nice ones from the jerks

You'll be fine! and im sure you;re not as unattractive as you believe you are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Toned/slightly muscled= good, gorilla shaped...no.

All that out of proportion massive chest and arms thing is grim.

Slim athletic for the win, but mostly I go for really good looking male faces if we're talking aesthetics to find sexy. I think you'll find men get all massively muscled for other men rather than women. Most women don't find massive bulk attractive.

I really rate a stylish man much more than a muscly man. Look after your hair and skin and at the least, make sure your hair, facial hair and eye brows arent a complete state.

Ripped=yuck. Don't over do it.
    youre wrong about everything in that post.

Oh and how can you ask for so much lookin the way that you do?

ReputationRep:
    So are you saying personality counts too? Maybe if i'm really nice and stuff to girls they'll like me.
    No **** Sherlock.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE a guy with slightly built arms... not only does it look good, but it'd be nice to fit snugly under one of those arms and feel all protected
    Also, I have toned, slightly muscl-y arms, so I'd go for a guy with a similar look!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie varona)
    youre wrong about everything in that post.

Oh and how can you ask for so much lookin the way that you do?
    No I'm not. Other girls have already echoed my sentiments about what they're looking for and it's something I've heard women say over and over again. It's not hard to open your ears and listen once in a while.

I am fussy because it might come as a suprise to you but I do have a choice of people I date. You might not agree with it but what are you gonna do about it. Rant and rave as much as you like. I've just been quite lucky in that respect and I've landed on my feet with my current partner.

I'd rather be me than have these pictures on my profile of a girl you were too scared to speak to when your brother suggested introduction.if you're so womderful, why don't you put up some real pictures of yourself and then we'll see if you're in a position to judge. You are such a sad teenager. I say teenager because people my own age dont start up an exchange with such personal, catty and insulting remarks. I don't particularly want to speak to someone so childish so I bid you farewell little boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaofan88)
    I personally prefer extremely tall and skinny men (a bit narcisstic on my part, perhaps ). Being skinny hardly makes a man gay...I know several really skinny guys who (sadly ) tried to put on loads of muscle but just couldn't because of how ridiculously naturally thin they were.
    Thats like saying an overweight person cant lose weight because they are overweight, which is silly. They just didnt try hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont. Big muscles say 3 things to me:

1. He's too vain.
    2. He cares too much.
    3. He looks as if he'd ditch a social to do some press-ups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superlogon)
    Yeh my point is, if you're healthy wealthy and happy, you'll be far more attractive than a buff jerk or a weedy super nice guy. There's always a nice balance
    That's better.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most other people, I like a nice toned torso but am really not into huge chests and biceps

ReputationRep:
    So are you saying personality counts too? Maybe if i'm really nice and stuff to girls they'll like me.
    No, don't be too nice, be funny, laid back, easy to talk to, not clingy, good at listening but not boring and never ever get emotional till you're in a full blown relationship or till she's very into you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Listen to what the girls have said though.

Too much muscle=not good

Toned, yes.

Those guys who look like gorillas in a tank top arent attractive to many women at all. Especially many discerning, thinking women. I would suggest that, that sort of image might appeal to a bimbo looking girl if that's what you want.

It's like a woman saying if they had massive J cup boobs and bleach blonde hair walking around in a bikini all day, they'd get more male attention. Probably. But from the wrong sort of men that wouldnt be looking for a personality if you get what I'm saying.

If you lived in Jersey Shore, maybe it would work for Snooki and Pals, but I bet you don't.
    lol you really think i give a **** what some girl think if im too big ?

its always the ugly ass fat girls who think that cos they can't get me

ReputationRep:
    wtf? so now i'm judging? pfffttt. You're judging that society has forced women to shave or wax all pubic hair. I love au naturale, women are fair and beautiful maidens who need to be appreciated as they are. I think most girls would agree with me when i say that the world has gone aesthetic crazy! We don't want to look like Zac Efron man, we just want to be happy. No offence, its just i feel strongly about this! Nothing wrong with a bit of woman hair!
    yer but i'd rather not have to bring a cutlass with me to get thru the forest so i can find the treasure every time i sleep with a girl

:lol: TSR makes me a worse person everyday :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Thats like saying an overweight person cant lose weight because they are overweight, which is silly. They just didnt try hard enough.
    Alas, it is true. But some overweight have extreme trouble losing weight, and losing weight is much easier than gaining muscle. One of the guys actually has a metabollic condition where he can literally put on no muscle unless he works out (virtually ) constantly. Admitedly, one of them didn't try all that hard, but the others were actually trying really hard to the point of what seemed desparation. If I'm being honest, I'm glad none of them could put on muscle, as it would probably have looked unnatural on them considering their natural physique is obviously extremely lean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anabolicminds)
    lol you really think i give a **** what some girl think if im too big ?

its always the ugly ass fat girls who think that cos they can't get me
    Wow, you are taking offence just because I responded to what the OP was asking: Girls' opinion on what sort of bodies they like.

Surely if you don't give a toss what I think you wouldnt get so inflamed, rude and personal about a comment I wasn't even aiming at you. I wasn't even talking to you!

What's wrong with having a preference? I don't like it when men over pump their torsos and neglect their legs. In my opinion it just reminds me of Jonny Bravo cartonns; the proportions are just really odd.

And I'm not fat thanks (I know this because I've weighed myself, I've got a degree in Nutrition and Physiology, take an active interest in my health beyond most people and my clothing size is fine for my height) and although I'm not going to argue with you calling me ugly, that's subjective and you're entitled to it, frankly I'm secure enough not to worry about what you think one little smidgen.

Personally I am not attracted to muscular men, but relationships for me aren't based on attraction alone. Most arent. It's nothing about not being able to 'get' one. I was in a relationship with one a few years ago (for his kind personality rather than much physical attraction - which was a bit silly of me not to take into account the latter but you live and you learn). But each to their own..... I just prefer lean athletic types and i'm lucky to adore and be incredibly attracted to the person I'm with at the moment. I'm not secretly wishing for a 'beefcake'. Lol. Funny guy!

See how easy it is to argue without hurling personal insults? I'd give it a try if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    unless your bone-sticking out thin or mooby i dont really care about it that much...
    it would be better if you spend that time doing something more useful like learn an instrument - thats hot

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but it doesnt necessarily have to be all muscle

ReputationRep:
    yup arms and back :drool: but its not the backbone of the relationship its more about personality

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but you need to treat them nice and stuff to get that. Like you need to buy flowers, take them out to dinner etc. You have to be a gentleman if you haven't got the looks .
    You still have to be a gentleman even if you have got the looks :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.