Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please, go on... it's so funny...

ReputationRep:
    I worked in banking for Lloyds Banking Group for just over 2 years?
    It seemed to be more women than men in my department actually.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Ajx...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about investment banking if I were you, son.
    especially if he doesn't have work experience to add to his needed superb grades

bankers are over rated anyway - they caused the economic crisis and they're unpopular now, even if they are rich. No one likes them. They're ********s.

P.S. OP - that is the BEST way to choose a career - see how many hot women in the profession - not many in banking haha, try marketting - lot of fitties in that field! Or work in HR for a modelling agency or something

ReputationRep:
    Bankers caused the economic crisis... LOL. Just bankers? Not people getting an house that they would not afford or Politicians lowering the interests rate? Not the FSA or the SEC that did not control what they have to control? Just bankers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruel3a)
    Bankers caused the economic crisis... LOL. Just bankers? Not people getting an house that they would not afford or Politicians lowering the interests rate? Not the FSA or the SEC that did not control what they have to control? Just bankers...
    Or the rating agencies that rating collatorized debt obligations AAA ratings......that they knew were going to default down the line......this is where the buck lies, the banks were just doing what they are there for - to make money - they acting within their own rights.

ReputationRep:
    Banks and Bankers caused part of the crisis... but they were not the only player.

ReputationRep:
    yess, my uncles are both investment bankers and i often have work experience, but there quite sophisticated, which for some can be a put off, and also serious...
    But they're attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the don)
    yess, my uncles are both investment bankers and i often have work experience, but there quite sophisticated, which for some can be a put off, and also serious...
    But they're attractive
    Do you know the name of the investment banks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Do you know the name of the investment banks?
    Yes, one working in credit suisse in new york, i went to do some filing in summer 2009.
    The other one works in europa or some shizz, i don't really know, but he was made redundant from jp morgan.
    Pruvate info shared. Happy?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, one working in credit suisse in new york, i went to do some filing in summer 2009.
    The other one works in europa or some shizz, i don't really know, but he was made redundant from jp morgan.
    Pruvate info shared. Happy?
    Wow! top companies! is it an industry you would like to work for when you are older?

ReputationRep:
    Wow! top companies! is it an industry you would like to work for when you are older?
    well no ones ever heard of europa so... not really
    But yeah, im gonna do Maths, Further maths, Chemistry, Biology and classics in sixth form. So i kinda have the right subjects. Hedge funds looks good too, im undecided
    U?

ReputationRep:
    well no ones ever heard of europa so... not really
    But yeah, im gonna do Maths, Further maths, Chemistry, Biology and classics in sixth form. So i kinda have the right subjects. Hedge funds looks good too, im undecided
    U?
    Well Credit suisse, is a top tier 1!

Yep I definently would like to go into Investment banking, Im doing Economics, Geog, History, Bio and Maths...... and want to do eco at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Well Credit suisse, is a top tier 1!

Yep I definently would like to go into Investment banking, Im doing Economics, Geog, History, Bio and Maths...... and want to do eco at uni.
    huh i thought you had a full-time internship at ubs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubsintern)
    huh i thought you had a full-time internship at ubs
    lol no im just doing work experience over the summer at UBS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruel3a)
    u mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    u mad
    hahaha this is mad i agree! politicians lowering interest rates was a measure taken globally, AFTER the economics crisis - they did it to disincentive saving and get people spending!(basic economics) and was also used to make imports more expensive therefore making the consumer turn to Nationally produced products and also getting more money from our exports. this improves the balance of trade on current account and also theoretically should improve GDP growth, however it was not very successful lowering the interest rates did not get people spending - due to consumer confidence being so low and with unemployment soaring people were left with very little disposable income.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyunicorn133)
    I worked in banking for Lloyds Banking Group for just over 2 years?
    It seemed to be more women than men in my department actually.
    This is Banking

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...rt-d3387s5.jpg

This IS NOT Banking

http://www.cardsmart.co.uk/images/fr...s/18940188.jpg

ReputationRep:
    hahaha this is mad i agree! politicians lowering interest rates was a measure taken globally, AFTER the economics crisis - they did it to disincentive saving and get people spending!(basic economics) and was also used to make imports more expensive therefore making the consumer turn to Nationally produced products and also getting more money from our exports. this improves the balance of trade on current account and also theoretically should improve GDP growth, however it was not very successful lowering the interest rates did not get people spending - due to consumer confidence being so low and with unemployment soaring people were left with very little disposable income.
    All correct, except for the MPC decide interest rates; not politicians.

ReputationRep:
    well there are plenty of hot girls in a strip club. have you considered that?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.