Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, we've been looking at the anthlology for about two years now. Yep thats right looking at it. Its now come to the point where I'm like exactley a month away from taking my exams and I dont even know what poems we're meant to be learning. I've looked in my CGP revision guide thing and theres 31 flippin poems!! Do they seriously expect us to learn all 31?? Or do we have to learn a few selected peoms that we pick for the exams?? Anyone doing AQA English Literature.. help please!!??

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA English Lit last year and only learned:
    Duffy:
    Havisham, Anne Hathaway, Before You Were Mine, Stealing
    Armitage:
    Kid, Homecoming, Mother Any Distance, Hitcher
    Pre 1914s:
    The Laboratory, My Last Duchess, Sonnet 130, On my First Sonne

I was in top set and I'm guessing this are the higher poems. If you're aiming for a C/D you do a different set with some of the poems above , and if you're aiming below that you a different set from the anthology

Do you not have marked in your anthology the ones you're learning? Do they not have information written on them?

ReputationRep:
    There's gonna be a couple poems in the exam but we don't know which ones are gonna come up so we have to learn, or rather, remember the tone, mood, rhythm etc. of all of them :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    The examiners can only set questions from a list of 12 key poems(relevant to the poets you are studying), which can be found here:
    http://www.mrluhrs.co.uk/keypoems.html

I would suggest focussing on all of these, before looking at any other poems that compare well with them.

It is possible to know only these 12 poems and do very well on this paper.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.