Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

i applied for student support quite a while back but only recently realised i was not recieving the proper amount of loan payments quite recently. This i found out was because i was not being income assessed.
    So, i get a statement of earnings from HMR&C, send that off and i'm told it's been scanned and the assessors are dealing with it.

Just a few questions here,
    1) What exactly are they assessing and why does it take 5 working days to properly digest the information i've provided them on the one page of paper i provided?

2) When i sent off my PN1 form last year when applying for student finance, i didnt send off the section 9 (i think it's section 9, i basically mean the section where you fill in if you're a dependant student and need your parents to fill in their income details). I didnt send this off because i was told that because i am 25, i would automatically be classed as an independant student and wouldn't need to provide proof of income. Of course that was wrong, and i have since sent off my proof of income for the previous 3 tax years.
    Is the fact that this section is missing from my application going to be a problem at all?
    I haven't been told that it will be by any telephone operator, but then again they haven't mentioned it at all.

Thanks for your time, appreciate all feedback here

ReputationRep:
    They're assessing your eligibility to receive student financial support which is complex and based on a huge number of regulations. The reason it takes time is that there are a huge number of applications to get through.

If you are over 25 and single you will most certainly be classed as an independent student - there is no need to provide evidence of your income in this case. I suggest calling SFE and explaining this to them, then they can hopefully pass it so your application can be correctly assessed.

Kind regards.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.