Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Work Experience vs Extra-Curricular Activities watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Might sound a bit stupid, but I always have a problem putting stuff into the wrong headings.

For example, trading in the stock market would that go under Work Experience or Extra-Curricular Activities?

ReputationRep:
    Next.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Next.......
    You started about 4 threads in the last week in this forum and I was even the person that helped you out in one of them http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1600807. I took 10 mins of my own time to research for you.

Learn some manners.

ReputationRep:
    work experience obviously. Experience is THE most important thing without a shadow of a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    work experience obviously. Experience is THE most important thing without a shadow of a doubt.
    I think you may of misread my question.

Thanks for the input though :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    Oops!

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing it on your own, extra-curricular.

ReputationRep:
    I apologize, it would go under extra - curriculum

ReputationRep:
    Next.......
    You've posted a handful of considerably more moronic posts over the past couple of weeks.

Trading on your own account would be an EC.

As [email protected] has stated, WE is far more important in terms of ECs in getting through the door at least, but ECs (especially sport) would help you gel with the team. Successful trading on your own account would likely make up for a lack of work experience IMO, particularly if you did well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick93)
    You've posted a handful of considerably more moronic posts over the past couple of weeks.

Trading on your own account would be an EC.

As [email protected] has stated, WE is far more important in terms of ECs in getting through the door at least, but ECs (especially sport) would help you gel with the team. Successful trading on your own account would likely make up for a lack of work experience IMO, particularly if you did well.
    Sorry for my moronic posts, I just needed the information

RE. Barcap....Tht sounds brilliant! please may you tell me what things you were involved in?

ReputationRep:

RE. Barcap....Tht sounds brilliant! please may you tell me what things you were involved in?
    Love the enthusiasm, but you might be taking it a step too far.

:doctor:

ReputationRep:

Don't apologise, just find out for yourself if the information's there.

Sure; fair amount of research which I ultimately presented, lots of learning and reading, built a coverage matrix, built a heatmap (and a little photocopying). Probably more valuable was getting a chance to speak with and spend a bit of time with the people who actually lived it and just get a feel for what it was like.

ReputationRep:
    Are u sure?! Would u really mention trading on your own account in your CV?!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.