Turn on thread page Beta

I need some convincing please :) watch

Anon please
    Last week, my long-distance bf broke up with me, pretty bad split but that's another story.
    anyway, I chose to go to a certain uni last year when I went and visited it (the name of the uni does not matter :P ) . at this stage I was just seeing my ex and he was planning on going to a different uni, and the uni I liked was his insurance. Anyway, my ex ended up going to his insurance, which is also the uni I put as my firm.
    I never chose my uni purely based on him; it just so happened to be a potential advantage that he also went there.
    Anyway, the point of this thread is that of course I'm looking forward to going to uni; it's just that in the back of my mind I can't help but think i might keep seeing him around and although theres 0 chance of us ever getting back (I don't want him back) it's making me feel uncertain which is irritating.

How likely is it that I'd see him around? Is it just a case of not quite being over him yet? Will I feel better by the time I go there? Anyone been in the same situation?

Just making it clear again: I really liked this uni, for its location, the course, and social, not because of him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sorry, so are you starting uni in september and your bf is already there? yes you may see him in places such as the union bar/club or theres a chance you may pass im in the corridor or something like that. If you want to go to that uni, dont let him being there stop you. there is a possiblilty that you will see him, but there are so many other people there it would just be 'a person in a crowd'. You'll make loads of other friends and if you dont want to have anything to do with him, you wont have to.

(Original post by 1234x)
    sorry, so are you starting uni in september and your bf is already there? yes you may see him in places such as the union bar/club or theres a chance you may pass im in the corridor or something like that. If you want to go to that uni, dont let him being there stop you. there is a possiblilty that you will see him, but there are so many other people there it would just be 'a person in a crowd'. You'll make loads of other friends and if you dont want to have anything to do with him, you wont have to.
    Sorry I realise that wasn't very clear, but yes I'm starting in sep and my ex is already there.
    Thanks for your reply though. I know it makes sense I just can't stop thinking about it, although I'm hoping it'll pass. Can't let one person ruin things I guess

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.