This discussion is closed.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ReadMe)
Maybe we should set Gordon Strachan up as leader of a party?
GS is a legend. I saw him the the other day walking through the town centre with his wife.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
But they are the only party that actually wants to help people, rather than help themselves.
what like every time kennedy speaks to students, wnating to legalise cannabis, hmmm
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
what like every time kennedy speaks to students, wnating to legalise cannabis, hmmm
Kennedy is cool. He likes whisky. Leave him alone.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Kennedy is not prime-ministerial material.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Saying that, George Bush doesn't do much for that statement as the most powerful man in the world.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
lol- he spoke to us on his birthday and was late becasue he went down to the pub, so i got the bloke in front of me to compare him to barney.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I didnt say that. I said he was cool.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did anyone see last night on the news when Boris Johson called TB a 'greased piglet', I laughed so much!
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Did anyone see last night on the news when Boris Johson called TB a 'greased piglet', I laughed so much!
Yes, he does come up with some obscure insults!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Of all the parties the lib dems are the only ones that haven't let us down yet, but maybe that's because they haven't had a chance to.
I think they try to please everyone too much though - they say what they think the people want to hear not what they believe should be done or even have much intention of inforcing. Talking about the legalisation of cannabis to students as someone mentioned before is one example of them trying to impress students bu saying something which they think appeals to them and will win them votes. I don't believe they said this because they actually think leagalising cannabiw would be the best option.
Every time the government in power does something contrversial which the public object to the lib debs convieniently adoptt a contrasting and staying true to their name more liberal view on that matter.
I think timeofyourlife is right. Charles Kennedy may appear the most trustworthy but I don't think he quite has what it takes to be prime minister. The problem is I think we have a lack of people who do. Tony Blair may have contraversial views and have introducted contraversial policies but I think he has more credibility as a prime minister than Kennedy. He's like some teachers who try to hard to gain respect from the students by giving them too much freedom and not making them work but thus end up being bad teachers.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Of all the parties the lib dems are the only ones that haven't let us down yet, but maybe that's because they haven't had a chance to.
I think they try to please everyone too much though - they say what they think the people want to hear not what they believe should be done or even have much intention of inforcing. Talking about the legalisation of cannabis to students as someone mentioned before is one example of them trying to impress students bu saying something which they think appeals to them and will win them votes. I don't believe they said this because they actually think leagalising cannabiw would be the best option.
Every time the government in power does something contrversial which the public object to the lib debs convieniently adoptt a contrasting and staying true to their name more liberal view on that matter.
I think timeofyourlife is right. Charles Kennedy may appear the most trustworthy but I don't think he quite has what it takes to be prime minister. The problem is I think we have a lack of people who do. Tony Blair may have contraversial views and have introducted contraversial policies but I think he has more credibility as a prime minister than Kennedy. He's like some teachers who try to hard to gain respect from the students by giving them too much freedom and not making them work but thus end up being bad teachers.
And it doesn't take a downing street resident to work out the correlation between cannabis use and students. He makes policies for all the wrong reasons. However, people are voting for him as there is no decent alternative.
Muffle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Labour unless the Lib dems get a decent leader..
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And it doesn't take a downing street resident to work out the correlation between cannabis use and students. He makes policies for all the wrong reasons. However, people are voting for him as there is no decent alternative.
Yep, most of his votes are probably from those who don't like labour's current policies or tony blairs leadership but who won't vote conservative on a matter of principal, or vise-versa. People who dont agree with labour or cons but who feel that they should vote just vote for them as an alternative, not because they agree with their policies. If it was different party there then they would just vote for them instead. I think if the lib dems actually got into power a lot of people would regret voting for them. I just can't imagine Kennedy in world summits with george bush and co for some reason.....
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The easiest thing to do is not vote.

Labour haven't delivered education and healthcare.

The Conservatives are conservative.

The Liberal Democrats don't seem to have policies.

The three main parties are a joke, and no one else has a chance of getting elected.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)

The three main parties are a joke, and no one else has a chance of getting elected.
I agree. What a mess we are in.
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lib Dems, as no other party has any credibility in my opinion.
Did you see Charles Kenedy get SLATED by the whole house of commons on Wednesday? Everyone was laughing at him ... he has completely changed his policies to 'fit in' with his top-up fees proposal. I felt so sorry for him, he went so red his hair mixed into his face lol.
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)

They have delivered healthcare and education - we are in a far better position now that we would have been if the Tories had won in 1997. And I dont think even Tory supporters would dare argue with that.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
oh how i wish I had!!!!!
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lib Dems, as no other party has any credibility in my opinion.
If the Lib Dems ever came to power they would soon lose any 'credibility' you feel they may have. The Lib Dems are a pretend party and will remain a protest vote. I dread to think, indeed I don't believe it will happen, that they will one day be in power.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
oh how i wish I had!!!!!
LOL, I think he said 'Tony Blair has got away like a greased piglet'
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads