Turn on thread page Beta

I can't tell whether he's trying to make me jealous or warn me off watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I am very confused by a guy's behaviour towards me and I can't tell if he secretly likes me and is trying to make me jealous or whether he is trying to warn me off.

Can someone (preferably a guy) please tell me..
    What obvious things would you do to try and get a girl to back off or show that you're not interested?
    What things would you do to make a girl jealous?

Trying to distinguish between the two,

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    what exactly is this person doing? if i don't have specific examples i have to suspend judgement.

ReputationRep:
    Show my lack of interest:

I'm generally a nice guy, so I'd try and keep things as low key as possible. I'm not really sure what I'd do, though. Avoid eye contact, maybe not talk to them as much, etc. :dontknow:

If I want them to back off:

I'd actually say to them, "Look, I need my own space here, OK? You're following me around, talking to me all the time, just chill!" Probably something like that.

Jealous:

Ahh, that'd be hard for me. Erm, if I really wanted to make some jealous, though I've never felt that need, I'd probably be all close and cuddly with another girl, talk to them more or something. But I've never been in that situation, so?

ReputationRep:
    brb diving into cyberspace since no pics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bingobongo)
    Basically I am very confused by a guy's behaviour towards me and I can't tell if he secretly likes me and is trying to make me jealous or whether he is trying to warn me off.

Can someone (preferably a guy) please tell me..
    What obvious things would you do to try and get a girl to back off or show that you're not interested?
    What things would you do to make a girl jealous?

Trying to distinguish between the two,

Thanks
    Please for the love of god just ask him!!!

A: Guys like when a girl tells THEM that they are interested.
    B: Its better then doing nothing and not knowing.
    C: Puts your mind at rest, either proving your right/wrong without trapsing around social convention and wondering why youre getting no-where!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.