Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Writing revision notes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! I'm fairly new to this place so I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question.

Anyway, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to write up revision notes online for the subjects I am currently revising for. This is to help myself and anyone who's interested in reading them

I'm specifically writing for Physics AS and I was wondering - what's the best way to incorporate diagrams? Should I be using Paint, which is admittedly frustrating at times, or is there better program to use?

Also, I noticed when trying to preview my notes using the "math" function, the preview still shows the "<math>XY</math>" brackets and doesn't show the mathematical work in equation form - why has this happened?

Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    If you have the money then I suggest you buy a revision guide. Use the notes in the guide and if you need more then make them. Saves time but takes money

ReputationRep:
    Would it be possible to get feedback on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamma)
    Hello there! I'm fairly new to this place so I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question.

Anyway, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to write up revision notes online for the subjects I am currently revising for. This is to help myself and anyone who's interested in reading them

I'm specifically writing for Physics AS and I was wondering - what's the best way to incorporate diagrams? Should I be using Paint, which is admittedly frustrating at times, or is there better program to use?

Also, I noticed when trying to preview my notes using the "math" function, the preview still shows the "<math>XY</math>" brackets and doesn't show the mathematical work in equation form - why has this happened?

Thank you in advance!
    For line diagrams it's best to use vector graphics software. There's a few open source vector graphics programs available, or you could just use the drawing tools Powerpoint, you can then export as various different image files.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamma)

Thank you in advance!
    Reseach shows that actually recalling infomation is far better for revision than making diagrams. Just to save you from wasting your time.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.