Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a deloitte internship for 7 weeks as a part of the Summer Vacation scheme summer analyst program.

I'm a second year uni student from Imperial and I wondering, if I was lucky enough to get a graduate training program offer, as 70-80% of their interns do, what is the length of time I shall have to accept such an offer?

Do they only give you 1 or 2 weeks? or do you have until you graduate to accept it, depending on the grade you get?

I ask this because I will want to apply to graduate programs in investment banks, as this is where I would rather be. But, at the same time, I'd rather not decline an offer from a reputable company like Deloitte when I haven't got anything else secured.

Thanks for any responses

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on being offered a place on the SVS, i've been offered a place on the professional services rotation SVS.

As i understand it if you are offered a graduate role after the partner interview it's still conditional on you achieving at least a 2.1, the employment contracts aren't sent out until 1-2 months before your start date, after they've checked you degree mark, so until you sign the contract your free to do as you please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crinkle_cut)
    Congratulations on being offered a place on the SVS, i've been offered a place on the professional services rotation SVS.

As i understand it if you are offered a graduate role after the partner interview it's still conditional on you achieving at least a 2.1, the employment contracts aren't sent out until 1-2 months before your start date, after they've checked you degree mark, so until you sign the contract your free to do as you please.
    Firstly thanks for the reply!

and Oh wow, if that's the case that's brilliant news, it means I can apply else where aswell as have an offer from Deloitte and compare and contrast the two offers I'd might have.

I am also on the SVS rotation scheme (August starting), perhaps you could message me your facebook URL

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Im doing the SVS too. What city are you too doing it at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR King)
    Hey, Im doing the SVS too. What city are you too doing it at?
    I'll be doing it at the Gatwick Office.

I think c12andn15 is at the London office since his start date is in August and the regional offices have July start dates.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing the SVS too in London. Which service lines have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_plumb)
    Hi, I'm doing the SVS too in London. Which service lines have you applied to?
    Im doing Corporate Tax and IAS, you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing ERS IT&R and Tax ECO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_plumb)
    I'm doing ERS IT&R and Tax ECO.
    ECO was my 2nd choice but didnt get it!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.