Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am considering applying for the MFA in Creative Writing at Kingston, and I just want to know how this creative writing course compares with other writing courses? I got rejected from UEA and am trying to figure out other places I can apply to.

Also, how does Kingston compare to RHUL? I haven't heard back from them yet but then again I don't think RHUL's creative writing program is as well known? Just want to look at my options more closely.

ReputationRep:
    I studied RHUL's MA in Creative Writing and loved it. I had an offer for Kingston's MA in Creative Writing but couldn't get funding at the time and had to defer it. When the course director for RHUL's degree made me an offer at the interview, I accepted straight away. I couldn't turn down the prospect of being taught by two leading poets (I took the poetry strand) and the workshops were great. In the summer, we were given talks by agents and journal editors, another plus.

Another uni you could consider is Birkbeck College. It's quite good for fiction (with lecturers like Toby Litt teaching there) and, like RHUL's central London campus (the MA is taught at Beford Square, near Tottenham Court Road), is close to lots of good entertainment, London attractions and libraries such as Senate House.

ReputationRep:
    I've just graduated from my Creative Writing with Eng Lit BA at Kingston University. I'm going to do a CW MFA there too.

The lecturers are pretty amazing especially for Life Writing and Poetry.

I would say go for it.

I got a lot out of the BA and can't wait to start my MFA this Sept

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.