Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Places to eat out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of places like TGI Friday's and Frankie and Benny's. What are your favourite places to eat out? (that aren't really expensive )

ReputationRep:
    I quite like GBK, but I don't normally go for chain restaurants. Nando's is okay too.

But if I were going out for a special occasion I think I'd go somewhere less chainy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I quite like GBK, but I don't normally go for chain restaurants. Nando's is okay too.

But if I were going out for a special occasion I think I'd go somewhere less chainy.
    Never even heard of GBK before, just googled it The make falafel so that's a win in my books :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, Las iguanas, and wagamamas! Harvesters is pretty cheap!

ReputationRep:
    Your mum :sexface:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I personally LOVE wagamamas, GBK and nandos (despite being a vegetarian). I'd love to eat out at one of those every night...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balface)
    Your mum :sexface:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I personally LOVE wagamamas, GBK and nandos (despite being a vegetarian). I'd love to eat out at one of those every night...
    I was expecting at least one reply like that

ReputationRep:
    Nandos is king, but I do like stumbling across little restaurants you've never eaten in or even realised existed.

ReputationRep:
    TGI Fridays is ridiculously priced...and the food wasn't amazing (can you believe you have to pay for barbeque sauce! :eek:)

Then again I'm not a big fan of Nandos... I'm dying to try Wagamamas :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)

I've only been to GBK once and I was a bit disappointed by it...I was really looking forward to an amazing burger experience, and then it was lukewarm, and served with burnt chips...

Pizza Express is a staple, especially on Wednesdays where you can get BOGOF main courses and 2 free starters with Orange. I quite like Wagamama too - love the free tea! Went to Cafe Rouge with my parents and had an amazing steak, but it's more of a visit-with-your-parents price range...Strada and ASK both had fairly nice food, but it was no better than Pizza Express for a more expensive price.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.