Turn on thread page Beta

How long is it reasonable to make him wait? watch

Basically im 16, a virgin, hes 19 and experienced, how long into a relationship would be about right to have sex? I no its down to the relationship on our 'right' time, but how long before he becomes frustrated n how long did u wait? thanks

ReputationRep:
    My last girlfriend was 17 and a virgin when we got together (I was nearly 21 and not virgin). I didn't want to put any pressure, we had sex after about 1 month together. But there is no right or wrong time. So long as you both feel comfortable with each other.

ReputationRep:
    When you want sex and are ready, have sex. Theres no length of time that is wrong or right. Your life, your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Wel in my first relationship (at 16) we were both virgins, and we waited around 6 months. Although couldve waitd less/longer if we wanted. My current relationship, we waited around 2-3 weeks, i cant rightly remember. But were both older etc.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should think about waiting until you're mature enough to not make someone wait some arbitrary length of time for sex before you get into a relationship.

Me and my boyfriend waited around 3/4 months (both 16 and virgins ).

Although it doesn't really matter how long I waited, or anyone else for that matter. When the time is right for you then that is the right time, there's no set time period for waiting, and I'm sure if he is serious about you then he will respect that and wait for however long you need x

ReputationRep:
    When you both feel ready. There's no time limit on these things.

ReputationRep:
    id say make him wait 45 minutes tops or ur just taking the piss

me and my boyfriend are both 18 and havent had sex yet even though we've been going out almost 9 months! theres no right time, do it when your ready - not because of what everyone else is doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically im 16, a virgin, hes 19 and experienced, how long into a relationship would be about right to have sex? I no its down to the relationship on our 'right' time, but how long before he becomes frustrated n how long did u wait? thanks
    how long before he gets frustrated? there should be mutual respect going on here.
    if you're not ready, you're not ready. don't give in to him just because he wants it, but don't hold out on him to test him.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let what people say on here affect your judgement, do it exactly when it feels right. Don't wait ages just for the sake of it, but don't feel pressured to do it either. Talk to your boyfriend about it maybe

ReputationRep:
    we were both 17, me a virgin and he had one previous sexual partner. We waited around 4 months til sex, but did other stuff before that.

ReputationRep:
    Do other stuff for a while before you have sex, then when you are ready it will be less of a big deal because you will already know everything about eachothers body

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.