Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)

I was watching that, and I am now thinking - what does TSR think?

Is beauty really depicted through such famous models/actresses?
    Is there such thing as objective beauty?
    To what extent is the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" true?

Or men, do you just entirely think with your dicks? And women, is it all about those men you lust after for?
    when it comes to sexual attraction there are certain things that are deemed naturally attractive. the first and most important one is facial symmetry; the greater the degree of facial symmetry the more attractive the person. secondly, when it comes to women the hip to waist ratio and breast size are crucial factors that determine sexual attractiveness. when you consider men, the most desired body shape is the 'V' shaped torso; the more prominent this feature is the more attractive the man. attractive people in all societies share some of these features; so to some extent, beauty is not in the eye of the beholder.

ReputationRep:
    Facial beauty to me is features in the right proportion.

ReputationRep:
    I think the crazy kind of out there stuff or people are the most beautiful in my eyes :love:

ReputationRep:
    thats a good question....

for me beauty is about confidence, having a genuine down to earth and likeable personality and a great smile. a person that has this is a beautiful person regardless of whether they are physically beautiful or not.

I also think beauty is when you see a mother smiling at her baby and her baby smiling back at her. the love that a mother has for her child is so beautiful. beauty is also when you are standing in front of lets say the niagra falls or the grand canyon and know that you are seeing something greater than man and epic and the beauty of it overwhelms you. beauty is also when you are standing alone on a beach and watching the sun set and hear the soothing waves and see the beautiful colours in the sky and you feel special and that you are seeing something extraordinary. that is beautiful. this is all stuff that I've seen and felt overwhelmed by and felt was truly beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence I suppose? Everyone seems to have slightly different perceptions of beauty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hali0112)
    thats a good question....

for me beauty is about confidence, having a genuine down to earth and likeable personality and a great smile. a person that has this is a beautiful person regardless of whether they are physically beautiful or not.
    Good call! would + rep you if I had any left.

(Original post by Angie varona)
    LMAO i aint gay brah.
    someone else wrote that.I copied and pasted it.
    Ok then.

ReputationRep:
    beauty

— n , pl -ties
    1. the combination of all the qualities of a person or thing that delight the senses and please the mind
    2. a very attractive and well-formed girl or woman
    3. informal an outstanding example of its kind: the horse is a beauty
    4. informal an advantageous feature: one beauty of the job is the short hours
    5. informal , old-fashioned a light-hearted and affectionate term of address: hello, my old beauty!

The dictionary has 5 definitions for it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My teacher's ****... mmmh!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.