Turn on thread page Beta

I just bought a phone with a contract - can I cancel it? watch

ReputationRep:
    nevermind

ReputationRep:
    haha, no. It's a contract

ReputationRep:
    Hmm you may get a 24-48 hour cooling off period? You should check with the network/company
    Edit : quick google =
    I have placed an order for a new mobile phone and wish to change it or cancel the order.
    Please check to see the status of your order using the “My Orders” link on the Menu.

If the phone has already been despatched please see “Return Procedure” and follow the instructions for returning the phone.

If the phone hasn’t been despatched please call our Sales Completion Team on 0871 225 9811 to discuss your order.Please note that our opening hours are Mon-Fri 9:00-20:00, Sat 9:00-18:00, sun closed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You can but you have to pay the money for the rest of the contract and you will get the phone. I think. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    There may be some law or something that states you can cancel it withoin 24 or 48 hours, such as the fact you can return items to a store and the law on that, however i don't really know about it so best to talk to someone in store or ring up.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember phone contracts still having a necessary returns policy. Go into the shop that sold it to you, sharpish.

ReputationRep:
    As said above, inquire quickly. If there is a period where you can return it, it's only going to be a couple of days at the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    You can but you have to pay the money for the rest of the contract and you will get the phone. I think. :confused:
    Really? But I haven't even activated the sim yet or anything :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoTree)
    It doesn't matter, you've signed all the paperwork. For all intents and purposes, the contract has started. If you're within their cut off date, you should be ok, if there is one at all.

EDIT: woop 1000 posts [=

ReputationRep:
    I think there is a legal 'cooling off period' in which you can change your mind and cancel if you haven't used it yet. I think the length depends on whether you bought instore or online but either way there's still a chance if you act fast.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Did you buy it online or in store? You have a legal cooling off period online.

Not sure about in person, but the above posters seem to agree that you have one. Be quick.

ReputationRep:
    Did you read my post? The website said you can return it http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/help.asp...20&%20Upgrades

ReputationRep:
    If you bought it online you get a 7 day refund period no questions asked on EVERY SINGLE GOOD OR SERVICE.

And even if you buy in store, I think theres a one week cool-off period (it may be shorter).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    Did you read my post? The website said you can return it http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/help.asp...20&%20Upgrades
    Yep I saw that before but I wasn't sure whether they just meant pay as you go phones. Anyway after some extensive googling it seems there is a cooling off period if you buy online (which I did), phew Thanks for all your replies.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I saw that before but I wasn't sure whether they just meant pay as you go phones. Anyway after some extensive googling it seems there is a cooling off period if you buy online (which I did), phew Thanks for all your replies.
    Ooh yeah, it may have done! That's good

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.