Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Westminster University for Fashion Buying Management. I want to know if anyone lives in the Marylebone accommodation but studies in Harrow?
    I know its only a 20 minute tube journey but wasn't sure if people actually do it?
    I want to live in the centre of london to enjoy the city.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    me too so i am waitin for someone to reply to this question ahahahah.Same thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moijejoue)
    I have an offer for fashion design, and these are my thoughts too, however if the vast majority of the art/design students are living in Harrow I would rather be there.

ReputationRep:
    It's true, the majority of students do live in the harrow campus if they study in harrow, that's mainly because that's the only place they can apply for uni accommodation. It's not surprising for hall users to move out in the second term with friends though.

I'm a first year, ask if have more questions...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I never knew about only being able to apply to the Harrow accommodation.
    What is it like living in Harrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hchan1)
    It's true, the majority of students do live in the harrow campus if they study in harrow, that's mainly because that's the only place they can apply for uni accommodation. It's not surprising for hall users to move out in the second term with friends though.

I'm a first year, ask if have more questions...
    Thanks for the info... So as our courses are on the Harrow campus, that's the only place we can apply for accommodation?

When you say hall users move out in the second term... what is stated in the contracts for them? are you able to give notice and leave, or are you tied in for the year?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Westminster University for Fashion Buying Management. I want to know if anyone lives in the Marylebone accommodation but studies in Harrow?
    I know its only a 20 minute tube journey but wasn't sure if people actually do it?
    Thanks
    It's not a 20 minute journey. You can get the Bakerloo line from Marylebone to Harrow and Wealdstone, which is about 20 minutes, then you have to wait for the 182 bus to Harrow Bus station, then the H14 bus to the campus.

Or you can get the Bakerloo line to Baker Street, then get the Metropolitan line to Harrow on the Hill, but you'll still have to wait for the H14

But tbh, Harrow is such a sh!thole these days, I would say it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I rang the university today and they only allow students who study in Harrow to stay in Harrow halls. I think its an odd choice for fashion students to be out of the centre, its made my decision, especially with what i've heard about Harrow!

ReputationRep:
    it's not that far out in my opinion :/
    i mean, if you get work experience or anything whilst you're at harrow, it's by no means far from the city
    people do much, much worse to get into london

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    or you could get the best of both and stay at Victoria Hall which is at Wembley park tube and 2 stops from the centre --ta da

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately if the course your studying is based in Harrow you can only stay there

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately if the course your studying is based in Harrow you can only stay there
    why unfortunately? you're saving yourself the commute and money but still £7 away from the entirety of central..

ReputationRep:
    Harrow itself isn't so far from London. I commute to harrow for a PR course so I can tell you enough journeys...
    I guess its only unfortunate cause all the first years at harrow who live on campus can only apply for that accommodation. It gets pretty competitive and the person who chooses who gets in and who doesn't is so unfair. But for what you need Harrow isn't so bad. But to be perfectly honest you more likely to stay at the campus than to go anywhere substantial. Apparently you can always find some party to go to at harrow campus. Though the place does need a lick of paint or something. Still its better than some parts of london for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imananimal)
    Thanks for the info... So as our courses are on the Harrow campus, that's the only place we can apply for accommodation?

When you say hall users move out in the second term... what is stated in the contracts for them? are you able to give notice and leave, or are you tied in for the year?

Thanks
    I have honestly no idea. I guess you can give notice and leave as i've seen people do that in the second term. but i suggest if your going to pay for an entire year then you stay for a year. My brother had terrible trouble with his uni at aberdeen when he left half way through a contract. i suggest you ask the accomodation office they'll have more info.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.