Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have some stretch marks, there isn't a lot of them however they are pretty low down on my leg. I had stretch marks before after a grown spurt and put coco butter on them, they took a long time to fade and go white and I'm not sure if the coco butter really made any difference. although they didn't bother me to much and I was happy enough just to wait that was because they weren't in an area often on show. unlike these new ones which are just above my knee. I have a tube of silicone gel left over from when it was prescribed for a scar and was wondering if anyone knew if this would help and perhaps work faster than things like bio oil or coco butter?

ReputationRep:
    don't suppose theres any harm in trying it

ReputationRep:
    Give it a try and see how it goes Different products work really well for some and have minimal effects for others, so try whichever is available to you and it might just work. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ye I think I will give it a try since its already here. wouldn't be paying for it on the off chance it would work though its £30 a small tube and I don't think I'd get it prescribed for stretch marks

ReputationRep:
    During puberty,I was very active and had hyper mobile joints (still do) ,so I did over stretch so I ended up with stretch marks on the inside of my thighs and above my hip bones. I used bio oil and the first time was painful as the stretch mark where open wounds. After using for a while I noticed that some days they would be white/silver and the next bright red.
    Many say bio oil is a hit or miss for many

ReputationRep:
    During puberty,I was very active and had hyper mobile joints (still do) ,so I did over stretch so I ended up with stretch marks on the inside of my thighs and above my hip bones. I used bio oil and the first time was painful as the stretch mark where open wounds. After using for a while I noticed that some days they would be white/silver and the next bright red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Direct15)
    I used bio oil on the scar that I had before I was prescribed the silicone gel which is why I was thinking it might help as there must be similarities is bio oil is recommended for both? I might by some bio oil as well and have baths with bio oil in as well as using the gel thats what my doctor suggested about my scar. a problem with just using bio oil is that I find its to greasy

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.