Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why was the evangelical preacher in the Church in Florida not classed as a terrorist watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Do you speak arabic? And what's an undercover mosque?
    No, Just like most Muslims in the UK do not speak Arabic, do you speak Arabic ? I do not need to speak arabic to form an opinion. You are desperatley trying to pull every trick out of the book aren't you :rolleyes:

Undercover Mosque http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wq6...eature=related

Islamic school spreading hatehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hBXHtQDxOo

Panorama Muslims Schoolshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QxveVRPceI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish)
    No, Just like most Muslims in the UK do not speak Arabic, do you speak Arabic ? I do not need to speak arabic to form an opinion. You are desperatley trying to pull every trick out of the book aren't you :rolleyes:

Undercover Mosque http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wq6...eature=related

Islamic school spreading hatehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hBXHtQDxOo
    So wait a minute you read the Qur'an which is in Arabic without knowing Arabic. skillful man aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    So wait a minute you read the Qur'an which is in Arabic without knowing Arabic. skillful man aren't you?
    Do you speak arabic ? and no I read it translated by different Muslim scholars.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How is it not? It was motivated by prejudice was it not?
    Haven't got a source but I heard during the whole debate over it that it constitutes freedom of speech and is so protected by the speech.

ReputationRep:
    Do you speak arabic ?
    Yes. My uncle use to tailor clothes in Egypt, and he taught it me.

ReputationRep:
    He's a complete moron, but annotated translations should be sufficient, surely. Argue real points like the validity of those sensationalist videos he posted

ReputationRep:
    Yes. My uncle use to tailor clothes in Egypt, and he taught it me.
    Oh really

than tell me please what does this say ( I have the translation so I know)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    He's a complete moron, but annotated translations should be sufficient, surely. Argue real points like the validity of those sensationalist videos he posted
    I speak quiet a few languages and I know when you translate something there is always some meaning left behind. I speak English, Gujrati, Urdu, Arabic and I did German in school but you can't really count that lol.

ReputationRep:
    Sensationalist, two weeks after the first documentary, arrests were made for beating the **** out of kids and teaching them filth at a local mosque in glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    I speak quiet a few languages and I know when you translate something there is always some meaning left behind. I speak English, Gujrati, Urdu, Arabic and I did German in school but you can't really count that lol.
    Could you translate the above Arabic Qute I posted above please ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh really

than tell me please what does this say ( I have the translation so I know)

Hope, love and faith

Repeated in different types of arabic writing but all the lines say exactly the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hope, love and faith but the greatest of them is love.
    You passed, however it matters not. I do not need to speak arabic to inform an opinion of the koran.

ReputationRep:
    Sensationalist, two weeks after the first documentary, arrests were made for beating the **** out of kids and teaching them filth at ONE local mosque in glasgow.
    Edited for truth.

ReputationRep:
    You passed, however it matters not. I do not need to speak arabic to inform an opinion of the koran.
    Mate, you know **** all. It does matter if you cannot speak arabic. Meaning is lost in translation.
    It is advised that you shouldn't translate but only translate it to express the message to the people that do not speak arabic such as yourself. It's a bit like chinese whispers if you keep changing it a word here and word there then you are going to end up with something completely different aren't you.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you know **** all. It does matter if you cannot speak arabic. Meaning is lost in translation.
    It is advised that you shouldn't translate but only translate it to express the message to the people that do not speak arabic such as yourself. It's a bit like chinese whispers if you keep changing it a word here and word there then you are going to end up with something completely different aren't you.
    So Sharia courts do not execute people for apostacy, or treat women as half of that of a man. Or stone women for adultry.

And you are telling me that the meaning of the koran is actually peaceful, it is all lost in translation :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Edited for truth.
    Glasgow central Mosque, The largets mosque in Scotland. Show me cases where churches teach that non-believers of scum and pigs and homosexuals should be killed.

ReputationRep:
    So Sharia courts do not execute people for apostacy, or treat women as half of that of a man. Or stone women for adultry.

And you are telling me that the meaning of the koran is actually peaceful, it is all lost in translation :rolleyes:
    Do I have to spell it out for you? Yes I'm saying because of a combination of reading things out of context and then translating that which is out of context you are going to interpret it wrong and therefore come out with a different meaning.

Different Muslims i.e Traditionalists, Modern and Fundamentalist. Disagree on the exact ruling of sharia law.

Why don't you stop arguing about something you clearly know nothing about.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow central Mosque, The largets mosque in Scotland. Show me cases where churches teach that non-believers of scum and pigs and homosexuals should be killed.
    Uganda. United States. Your point is taken though, fair enough, that is bad. What exactly was being incited? For the beating side of it, you might compare cases of child abuse in Catholic institutions.

ReputationRep:
    Taken from good old wikipedia.
    It's not a federally protected activity, is the easiest explanation. It's his own personal action. Personally I find these attempts to enforce a silence, by all involved and not just you, on this man disconcerting and rather offensive to my decadent delicate secular liberal western sensibilities.

ReputationRep:
    Uganda. United States. Your point is taken though, fair enough, that is bad. What exactly was being incited? For the beating side of it, you might compare cases of child abuse in Catholic institutions.
    Is that the best you can come up with ? Uganda ?

Understyle journalism have uncovered mosques spreadin nothing but vile hate all over Europe. And then the best you can give me is Uganda. I think you have proved my point.

As for the catholic church, it is one of the most courrupt institutions on the planet. However child abuse is not part of its belief system nor do they preach it to their believers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.