Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got an email from the uni, that i got an ensuite there.
    Some of the related threats ive looked at are not very helpful.

I wanted to go for the Hugh Stewart or Cripp halls since they were a lot closer to the departments where as Cavendish is on the otherside of campus, but i guess its best to have accommodation at all rather than nothing.

Does anyone know what the Cavendish halls are like?

ReputationRep:
    I got an ensuite in cavendish too! Wondering the same thing, I hadn't really heard about cavendish when I got the accommodation offer, so I'd too like to know what it's like!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, ensuite at Cavendish!

I was hoping for Hugh Stewart or Florence Boot but as its random, its not like we can do much about it :P

ReputationRep:
    Same here, Cavendish ensuite. I wanted Cripps so badly. Whats Cavendish like?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/week...lls/cavendish/

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i've got an ensuite at cavendish too!!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! But can you self cater over there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achiampong92)
    Me too! But can you self cater over there?
    its a catered hall. the only cooking facilities you have is a microwave.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to feel like i've got a bad accomodation choice at Cavendish :P from what i've read, everyone there is a bit snobbish???

Not to mention it's bloody expensive!!

How do i go about changing my choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achiampong92)
    I'm starting to feel like i've got a bad accomodation choice at Cavendish :P from what i've read, everyone there is a bit snobbish???

Not to mention it's bloody expensive!!

How do i go about changing my choice?
    Lots of fun ways to contact the accomodation office are listed at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommod...mmodation.aspx

you dont know what the people living in cavendish next year are going to be like!

ReputationRep:
    My mum was there in the late 70's. She said it was pretty dire, but I'm guessing most of them weren't all that in the 70's.

A lot of people in Cavendish are wealthy, Jewish and know each other before uni...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure cavendish will be fine, and most people will be lovely!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a room in Cavendish too

I went on an open day last year and actually looked around Cavendish, and it seemed to be really nice, and tbh what more do you expect from uni accomodation? Especially when every room comes with a mini-fridge!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Cavendish next year tooo looks fairly grim, however I'm hoping the tiny pictures on the SU website are misleading. As long as there's a bed and a shower, it's all good with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    i got an email from the uni, that i got an ensuite there.
    Some of the related threats ive looked at are not very helpful.

I wanted to go for the Hugh Stewart or Cripp halls since they were a lot closer to the departments where as Cavendish is on the otherside of campus, but i guess its best to have accommodation at all rather than nothing.

Does anyone know what the Cavendish halls are like?
    It doesn't really matter what the hall is like. It's us people who will define it. (I'm there in en-suite too btw) Make the most out of it and it will be an awesome time until June.

And it would be very unlikely for someone healthy to get an en-suite at Cripps or Hu Stu. There are 14 en-suites in Hu Stu and only 7 in Cripps. I think most if not all of these are for disabled students who would want an en-suite and need it near to the other university buildings.

When I saw this I wasn't expecting to get any in them, but wasn't disappointed with Cavendish. Make the most of it and it'll be a great time for all of us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    A lot of people in Cavendish are wealthy, Jewish and know each other before uni...
    Not necessary. You might think they are wealthy maybe because 274/278 rooms in Cavendish are en-suites, but how can you say they are Jewish and know each other before uni? This year you didn't have any choice of hall anyway. It was allocated randomly. Explain please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    but how can you say they are Jewish and know each other before uni?

Because, this year at least, that's pretty accurate (if you want, you can substitute Jewish for "privately educated North Londoners"). Whether it will be so next year is anybody's guess.

ReputationRep:
    And it would be very unlikely for someone healthy to get an en-suite at Cripps or Hu Stu. There are 14 en-suites in Hu Stu and only 7 in Cripps.
    I have an en-suite at HS and have no disability. Although your starting to make me worried lol

ReputationRep:
    i was in cav last year, and yes there were a lot of jewish people that already knew each other. but if you're allocated randomly then it probably wont be the same. the hall is split into 3 blocks - the main block (which is where the pictures on the website are from), hardwick and chatsworth. chatsworth looks completely different to the rest of it because it's much newer.
    every room has a mini-fridge, and each corridor has a kitchen (containing a sink, fridge, toaster, kettle and microwave)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.