Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by muffingg)
    Not necessary. You might think they are wealthy maybe because 274/278 rooms in Cavendish are en-suites, but how can you say they are Jewish and know each other before uni? This year you didn't have any choice of hall anyway. It was allocated randomly. Explain please.
    I had a few friends in Cavendish and thats what they have told me from their experience there. Jewish friends on my course all lived in that hall and one of them even said its because his "jewish friends from home lived there".

As for wealthy, you only need to look at the cars parked in and around there. Also, like the the person who posted above said, a lot of people there are from North London.

Might not be the case if its now randomally allocated but I thought you ranked accomadtion based on preferance ??

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of cars, whats the parking like at notts. Im planning on keeping it at my sisters house about 15 mins away from the Uni, although at times it is likely to be the case that I might want to park it closer to campus.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter what the hall is like. It's us people who will define it. (I'm there in en-suite too btw) Make the most out of it and it will be an awesome time until June.

And it would be very unlikely for someone healthy to get an en-suite at Cripps or Hu Stu. There are 14 en-suites in Hu Stu and only 7 in Cripps. I think most if not all of these are for disabled students who would want an en-suite and need it near to the other university buildings.

When I saw this I wasn't expecting to get any in them, but wasn't disappointed with Cavendish. Make the most of it and it'll be a great time for all of us!
    Makes sense...makes me feel better about not getting accommo near the departments, more rooms for the disabled students, thanks!

What course you doing? Im doing Physics with Astrophysics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioFan)
    i was in cav last year, and yes there were a lot of jewish people that already knew each other. but if you're allocated randomly then it probably wont be the same. the hall is split into 3 blocks - the main block (which is where the pictures on the website are from), hardwick and chatsworth. chatsworth looks completely different to the rest of it because it's much newer.
    every room has a mini-fridge, and each corridor has a kitchen (containing a sink, fridge, toaster, kettle and microwave)
    How do you know which block you will be in? i think i might not have been told this (all i know right now is just that im in cavendish), though ill recheck when i find that email they sent me...

ReputationRep:
    You don't find out until you arrive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    I had a few friends in Cavendish and thats what they have told me from their experience there. Jewish friends on my course all lived in that hall and one of them even said its because his "jewish friends from home lived there".

As for wealthy, you only need to look at the cars parked in and around there. Also, like the the person who posted above said, a lot of people there are from North London.

Might not be the case if its now randomally allocated but I thought you ranked accomadtion based on preferance ??
    meh, doesnt really matter to me if the majority there, are jewish or any other religion...
    with the wealthy bit, might be abit awkward when everyone arrives there in a brand new car and i arrive by train or something :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    Makes sense...makes me feel better about not getting accommo near the departments, more rooms for the disabled students, thanks!

What course you doing? Im doing Physics with Astrophysics
    I'm doing Civil Engineering. How about you join this facebook group?

I think you haven't because there is nobody doing Physics with Astrophysics there at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Civil Engineering. How about you join this facebook group?

I think you haven't because there is nobody doing Physics with Astrophysics there at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    How about you add a comment saying your course name and course code here. We keep the group quite active there. You will find pictures of the campuses, you can chat with the others (although chat got disabled once the group reached 250 members, but there is a new chat group for chatting only), a lot of information about what people's opinions and plans are for the uni, any latest news, etc.

It's great!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Cavendish Hall as well next year and looking forward to it! Should be good

ReputationRep:
    looking forward to meeting all of you in Cavendish Hall i'm from Singapore by the way, so, not jewish, neither am i from north london :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.