Turn on thread page Beta

Is 20 years too old to to be starting uni? watch

Well the obvious answers are going to be noo it's fine etc. etc., but would you realise if someone was two years older than you in your course and would you think anything at all of it?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it at all. I don't think you're even classed as a mature student. I probably would notice, and wouldn't care if I did know. One of my friends is a few years older than the rest of the year group, but unless you knew him you wouldn't know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well the obvious answers are going to be noo it's fine etc. etc., but would you realise if someone was two years older than you in your course and would you think anything at all of it?
    There's a guy on my course who is 23. None of us realised until he told us last week haha

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend on my course who's 33, has a wife and a son. and i think he's awesome, he could've gone on without uni but decided his son needs a better dad to look upto.

and btw, alot of people on my course in the first year were around 21-23. 20 is just fine actually.

ReputationRep:
    I'm approaching the end of my 1st year and I'm 24. I hang out with all the other 18 year olds. Nobody cares. It's just me who thinks I'm the creepy old guy.

ReputationRep:
    theres a 36 year old woman with a 12year old child in my college class and shes one of my closest friends and im 19 its fine! A 2year gap is nothing

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Nahh not at all, someone on my course is 40 and at the most i assumed she was like 25 or something ! everyones in the same boat and a hell of a lot of students take gap years so therll be hardly any difference at all!

ReputationRep:
    not important at all

ReputationRep:
    There are people on my course in their 30s, we all get along fine

ReputationRep:
    OP. You already have given the answer to that question, why bother asking it?

ReputationRep:
    a friend of mine went at 20 and she fit in just fine it's hardly a big age gap

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, I'm a fresher and know loads of 20 year olds and there are people older than that aswell.
    Have fun!
    Regards,
    Samuel

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, I started uni when I was 23, there were loads of other mature students there, some older than 50, you're never too old.

ReputationRep:
    I started at 20. Makes no difference except I have more experience from my gap years. I am actually possibly the oldest person on my course but I don't feel like it. All good.

ReputationRep:
    no youve just had two gap years, you wont even be a mature student

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the majority of students are 19-20 in the first year of uni? o.O

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question.

ReputationRep:
    no no NO!

we don't care about age anymore like sixth form.

there is a 35 year old man in our course and we treat him like a normal student! in fact, he is one of my closest friend!
    most in my course are 20 as they did art foundation or took a year out, making me the one of the youngest in the course but the oldest of the 1991/1992 generation

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.