Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Im new to this forum but wonder if you can help.

I live in torpoint and am going to spend the next three years studying at Pcad in Plymouth. It take me just under an hour to get there so its not far at all!
    My issue? I haven't long lived in torpoint and I come from a busy city. I find life very isolated here,my freinds all live so far away. I miss having people just up the road and going out. I wondering if I house shared in plymouth during my next course it would make a diffrence-actually having people to talk to. Although I realise I live so close to the college already and it would cost a lot more money..sigh.

Anyone have any advice?

Much appreciated.x

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I live in Liskeard so im in the same boat as you, i could travel every day but i want the student life. I would like to live in the halls but i would have to wait a month for the option to become available. So i would have to live in shared housing, what im getting at is would you rather travel and be with the friends you have now, or get in quite a bit more debt but have a chance to meet new people and have a more student life at uni. It up to you but im more leaning toward the student life as Plymouth is actually a really nice place to live.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you my freinds here are all leaving for uni they're all going to Falmouth (lucky buggers!lol). I think I might want to house share, lets face it im already going to be in debt!Good luck with your decision.x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.