Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Don't You Just Hate It When People Just Like What Is On The UK Top 40? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moanycar.)
    If you are talking about me, when did declare the top 40 is terrible?
    Genuine question.
    Well you did call people who like the songs in the top 40 retards, and that just because they think the song is good, it doesn't mean it actually is. Surely you wouldn't have made that statement if you didn't think lots of the top 40 wasn't good music?

ReputationRep:
    I don't "just hate it" because I'm not anal enough to get worked up over that kind of thing. Some people have an eclectic taste in music, so they like a lot of songs in the charts.

I used to be like that when I was younger since I didn't really have a particular preference in music, until I started to get into a certain genre and began to realise what I did and didn't like. I rarely listen to songs in the charts nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    I think you're judgemental for calling thousands of people retards for liking some songs lol...I don't actually care about your view or this thread I just really don't want to revise
    Fair enough. Revising is awful.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect you'd hate it more, OP, if fewer people liked just music from the Top 40, and you had to surrender your sense of musical superiority :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    Clearly everyone has their own opinions, which they are entitled to. So everyone trying to stress their points is pretty much pointless.

If someone has an opinion, whatever someone else says is unlikely to change that opinion.

I shall now keep my opinion to myself, considering it seems to have irritated the majority of people (infact almost all) on this thread.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Not really, but was does annoy me is when morons think they're better than everyone else because they only listen to 'obscure' bands that not many have heard of.

ReputationRep:
    I don't haaaaate it, but I know what you mean. I like some chart stuff, but there's so much more out there. It's not really about the music that bothers me, it's that I don't really believe it's possible that someone can actually only like whatever's in the charts - there must be something about the charts they don't like, and there must be other music they like just as much/better. It's just being a bit narrow. And I don't understand why people wouldn't want some variety in their life, I don't think it's healthy to limit yourself, I don't think it's natural, especially with all the choice we get.

But then, music is just one medium of art, and no one cares enough or has the time to know about all genres and whatnot of every medium of art.

Like I said, it doesn't really bother me, but find it easier and more refreshing to connect with someone who is open to variety and change and exciting new things, not just the same old thing that sounds the same and is comfortable and sheepish.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, aren't things on the UK Top 40 BECAUSE people like them?

ReputationRep:
    No. Grow up.

Why'd you get so emotional over someone listening to a certain type of music is beyond me.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    sometimes my favourite artists are on the top 40, and i'm not just liking the song for the hell of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry i'm not cool enough to know any hip, new age, small imdie bands. :dontknow:

I just like what hits my ears, which is whatever is on the radio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moanycar.)
    Thanks for that.
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry.C)
    Don't You Just Hate It When People begin their sentence with"Don't You Just Hate It When People ...".
    Don't you just hate it when someone tries to be funny by going down the obvious meta-humour route?

I know what I did just there.

ReputationRep:
    No, not realy. If they like it then whatever, taste in music is subjective. Anyway, what I hate more is Indie kids that think that listening anything on the Top 40 will tarnish their indie 'i've heard that song before it got popular' persona. Don't go out of your way to hate on everything on the Top 40 or on the music channels, there is some good stuff, if you stop being so desperate to hate on everything that sells.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care tbh, everyone has their own music tastes.

ReputationRep:
    lul pointless thread is pointless

ReputationRep:
    Oh god forbid some people like mainstream music which coincidentally is liked by millions of other people.

the travesty!!!! :rolleyes:

get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    I Also Don't Like People Talking Like This
    You read my mind.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, a lot of the mainstream music these days is vapid, worthless manufactured toss.

People should get some good music in their lifes

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.