Turn on thread page Beta

would you dump your GF for getting fat? watch

• View Poll Results: Dumping her for getting fat?
    Yes, body is part of the package.
    32.85%
    No...
    21.17%
    Hmm..i'd start hiding the cakes
    40.88%
    I don't know what i'd do :/
    5.11%

ReputationRep:
    Now that I'm thinking about it, men should be happy if the girlfriend did put on weight: they'd have an excuse to have as much sex as they like..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    :facepalm:

Why do the media keep heralding her as 'curvy'? She's a skinny woman with big tits ffs...
    Skinny? :lolwut: No way is that woman skinny :no:. In fact, she does look slimmer in that particular photo than how she usually does

I would say she is curvy. Big boobs still count as curves, no? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I told a girl I was involved with a few years back that if she wanted to be in a relationship with me she'd need to tone up a bit - she wasn't at all chunky just had weird tummy fat that kinda put me off sex the first and only time we were intimate together (though I didn't give her any indication of this) - that didn't go down so well, silly me.. and they tell you honesty is always the best policy :rolleyes:

I've also been with a girl who was just fine most of the time but was a bit skinny at one point and a little out of condition a while later but it didn't really change the way I viewed her really. I wouldn't stay in a relationship with a girl who didn't take care of herself though - doesn't make you shallow to have physical criteria aswell as inter-personal, and I don't see why such criteria should disappear just because you care about someone or have been with them a while

ReputationRep:
    let's face it...models are at a loss these days cause males now prefer 'bigger' females...
    considering that the term 'bigger' does not mean 'extremely large' in which case my argument then becomes invalid...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's brother dumped his girlfriend for getting "too fat" and he told her so. She was a size 12 absolute maximum. The day after they broke up, she went out and spent £200 on gym equipment and 6 or so months later and they were back together. Crazy!
    I wouldn't say 100% no to that question, because if my boyfriend got to 22 stone, there would be a lot of health issues involved not to mention massive restrictions on his participation in a lot of the things he enjoys. But if we're talking less extreme, then no I certainly wouldn't dump him. I know my boyfriend is a very driven, energetic guy though so I very much doubt he would allow himself to get "fat".

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

Why do the media keep heralding her as 'curvy'? She's a skinny woman with big tits ffs...
    'Skinny'?! Are you kidding? She's dumpy and large at best - I have no idea what the hype is, all she has is a ridiculous cartoon chest that looks like it'll sag like an 80 year old's if it wasn't in a bra.

http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/wp-cont...s-lingerie.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelbones)
    Good for you.

I wouldn't stop loving Boyfriend if he got fat. Actually, I'd probably welcome it - I wrap both hands around his thighs and have my fingers/thumbs touch. He's too damn skinny :mad:
    Or maybe you have massive hands :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't dump my bf for getting fat. Seeing as though in most mature relationships life style is very much a shared thing between the couple I would change mine and as such our life style. As we share the same life style, by this i mean meal times and spare time, if he got fat i probably would get fat too so we could both benefit from the change. This did actually happen. I think it is very common when people are happy together to gain weight.

If for what ever reason it was just him putting on weight I still wouldn't dump him. Just tell him carefully and help him out.

Buying your partner a gym membership isn't that much of a bad thing depending how it is done. For example if i had put weight on and I told my bf i want to loose weight but can't afford the gym I would be happy if he bought it for me. If, however, he just slapped it in my face without me expressing wanting it or wanting loose weight then I would be really annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    I think that if you've been together for long enough..you should be comfortable enough to talk to them about it.

ReputationRep:
    You mean we'll never be together!?!?
    unfortunately maybe not...alas there is also the gender barrier as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Skinny? :lolwut: No way is that woman skinny :no:. In fact, she does look slimmer in that particular photo than how she usually does

I would say she is curvy. Big boobs still count as curves, no? :p:
    Her neck - tell-tale sign of low body-fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_my_asthma_99)
    I wouldn't dump her, but I would certainly start hiding the candy :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Well not more than 14? That's reasonable.

It's not like you expect your girlfriend to be size 6 and getting rid of her if she goes up to an 8.
    ya exactly. I'm not trying to be a horrible boyfriend (though the 2 neg reps shows differently ), but I keep myself fit etc for her and I'd expect the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperiorHuman)
    British women, the fattest nation in the world.
    Really, from what source?
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...esity-in-women
    this dosn't say UK, many other polls don't either
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...rn-Europe.html
    This also is lieing, because the hedline states what you said... but when you read the article "Only Malta and Israel - which was classified as Western Europe for the purposes of the report, published today online in The Lancet - now have fatter women."
    and it's the telegraph and the mirror saying this... it's not like they never sprout bull**** or anything. :nah:
    please feel free to correct me with your expert knowledge on the matter though.:rolleyes:

(Original post by Jakeh)
    ya exactly. I'm not trying to be a horrible boyfriend (though the 2 neg reps shows differently ), but I keep myself fit etc for her and I'd expect the same.
    Yeah, what you said is reasonable. :dontknow:

I personally have no problem with what you said. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelbones)
    I'd say Christina Hendricks counts as curvy.

http://www.anygirlfriday.com/wp-cont...king_Great.jpg :sogood:
    Just.

Yum.

ReputationRep:
    I think whether or not they are still "healthy" plays an important role in how I'd react. I wouldn't dump them, but I'd encourage them to join the gym (I'd go with them!) and eat more healthily.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, what you said is reasonable. :dontknow:

I personally have no problem with what you said. :yep:
    Considering ur neg reps etc I assume you get the same retards

ReputationRep:
    Since I do not have a girlfriend, I made my boyfriend do the poll. I'd disregard my vote, because I was sat next to him as he voted, and if he said yes I'd probably hurt him in the face.
    Even though I'm already a fatty, hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Guess I'm curvy then (but without the tits).
    I always wondered what you looked like. Care to share a picture?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.