Turn on thread page Beta

What Do You Have In Common With Your Bf/Gf? watch

ReputationRep:
    As title says...and also

Do you think it's important to have things in common with your bf/gf or do you think you can get along just as well if you don't?

ReputationRep:
    im currently single but i had one very important thing in common with my previous gfs- we all had difficult childhoods. my ex fiance and i were very much alike, exept she is far more mature than i am.

anyway i do think it is important to have a few things in common with your potential partner, but not a lot. if you were too similar, the relationship would be boring. the best part about having little to no things in common with your partner is that the relationship becomes excitingly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    we both like sex, and lots of it

ReputationRep:
    What do I have in common with my gf?

5 fingers and a thumb on my left hand.

ReputationRep:
    We are both complete weirdos, haha.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We have same interests. We both like Lasagne, playing games, PS3, sex (hehe)......

We both are also very very rude and dirty. So we are kind of,,, well matched!

ReputationRep:
    Do the same a levels, well i do A2 and she does As

Like pretty much the same music,

FInd the same shows funny, like the same movies and comedians (russell brand)

Yeah i think its important i went out with a girl for 18 months i had nothing in common with and we ended up practiaclly hating each other, having nothing to talk about aand so it just turned into rows.

ReputationRep:
    We both love her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzayBT)
    im currently single but i had one very important thing in common with my previous gfs- we all had difficult childhoods. my ex fiance and i were very much alike, exept she is far more mature than i am.

anyway i do think it is important to have a few things in common with your potential partner, but not a lot. if you were too similar, the relationship would be boring. the best part about having little to no things in common with your partner is that the relationship becomes excitingly difficult.
    Out of curiousity do you ever do any recordings of the afterdark goings on with these previous gf's?

Both rather crude, both like the same sort of music, both like the same film genre's (apart from his war stuff - though Sharpe (though it is not a film) is awesome) both like having nights in with pizza and cider or coke, both love sex for the same reason. I do like gaming but no where near as much as him. But he comprimises there where he'll come with me to explore our area as there are so many coastal paths where we live. Also both want the same thing in our future

Oh and we both love Chemistry. Its where we met, and we're both doing chemistry related degrees.

Despite this though, we differ a lot as well. He likes staying in, I like going out. He likes doing stuff for himself, I like volunteering etc etc

ReputationRep:
    We both escaped the mental asylum, prison break style.

ReputationRep:
    Our future career/what we want to do at uni. We also both have a passion for cheese and meat. Many other things differ, it's a good balance.

ReputationRep:
    we both don't exist!
    http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.c...i-is-ghost.jpg

ReputationRep:
    - not perfectly straight teeth
    - not vain, or lazy with appearance/grooming
    - both of us wear 26'' waist size trousers
    - we both have poor social skills/ very few friends
    - work in the same place
    - love of pokemon rpgs
    - good at gran turismo on playstation
    - both played guitar in bands in the past
    - like to run and cycle
    - like cars/motoring

ReputationRep:
    ahem ex..basically everything like music, sense of humor, hobbies, we just got each other y'know?
    hard to find someone like that again

ReputationRep:
    Music (it's how we met - at a gig), the fact we both like staying in and having lots of sex and we're pretty strange and enjoy making strange noises in random places.
    Other than that we're pretty much totally different.

ReputationRep:
    We are opposites in a sense. Well at least you wouldn't of matched us up in the beginning. I was rebel who wasn't a stranger to drugs (not that I took any but spent my teenage years in that kind of environment) he was a good boy who had no idea about things like drugs. I truanted from school, got done for bullying, got drunk and got in to fights. He always went to school, never drank, was more a victim of bullying and had never had a fight. We had nothing in common interests wise.

Only thing we had in common was our sense of humour and our weirdness to begin with. After dating a while we realised we shared the some same views and had the same wants in life in a few ways.

Even the way we met wasn't down to us having something in common really. Well is suppose it was but only just. He was friends with the son of my mums friend and he went on holiday with them and I went with my mum and that is how we met. I wasn't even friends with his friend haha

5 years on and now I'm a good girl . Or at least more of a good girl than what I was. He is more assertive and confident I think.

I don't think having things in common means anything. We had two completely different upbringings, two completely different experiences of school, completely different interests and yet we were and are perfect for each other *cringe*. We still bicker about who had the spoilt, rich or posh upbringing haha It makes for fun conversations having differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    Music (it's how we met - at a gig), the fact we both like staying in and having lots of sex and we're pretty strange and enjoy making strange noises in random places.
    Other than that we're pretty much totally different.
    Do you still get on well with each other eventhough you don't share a lot of interests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    Out of curiousity do you ever do any recordings of the afterdark goings on with these previous gf's?
    we've taken a few pictures, yes. but no videos :3

ReputationRep:
    A massive ****.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.