Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i went to my first zumba class last night and god it was amazing, so fun but worked everyone in the room really hard. everyone was exhausted at the end and it wasnt even all old or fat people.
    I'm only a bit out of shape but i'm not unfit and it was the best workout i've had. and before anyone gets smart, i do go to the gym. i've heard people saying that it didnt work them at all which i find ridiculous cos its meant to burn between 600-800 calories per hour. cant wait to go again!!
    jw what peoples experiences were of it?? anyone done it for a while and lost a lot of weight??

ReputationRep:
    Instead of wasting an hour of your day, just eat 600-800 calories less? Profit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TempleFadeHaircut)
    Instead of wasting an hour of your day, just eat 600-800 calories less? Profit
    except it wasnt a waste!! beats sitting on my arse at home does it not??

ReputationRep:
    Eh, better than nothing, could use your time better but whatever keeps you motivated I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephie.u3)
    except it wasnt a waste!! beats sitting on my arse at home does it not??
    Whatever floats your boat

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me more about Zumba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    Please tell me more about Zumba.
    aha hello again, i believe we are having a convo on my other thread

well its like aerobics but more dance like, its quite bouncy and jumpy and latin american inspred, pretty much female based. i bet theres loads of videos on youtube that you could check out if you're actually interested its the atmosphere which makes it fun, it just makes everyone smile and it makes you want to just carry on
    the good thing is that it has been properly designed to focus on all parts of your body so that pretty much every move works your arms, abs, legs and bums...teehee

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people do it, just want to laugh though to be honest.

I guess it's better than nothing, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list for fat loss/fitness improving.

ReputationRep:
    Burn more calories at a toning class.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.