Turn on thread page Beta

Met someone a long time ago and have been falling for them ever since... what next? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    True, but we seemed to get on so well, and I can see from a bit of online stalking () that we're pretty similar.
    Sorry, but how is it hard to say to your mates 'hey girls, you wanna try this new club this weekend?' on a night he's going? I'm almost certain the first thought he'll have IF he sees you would NOT be 'hold on a minute...what's she doing here....she's stalking me!' but more 'OMG IT'S YOU!'

Assuming of course use got on as well as you say.

(Original post by Keese)
    Sorry, but how is it hard to say to your mates 'hey girls, you wanna try this new club this weekend?' on a night he's going? I'm almost certain the first thought he'll have IF he sees you would NOT be 'hold on a minute...what's she doing here....she's stalking me!' but more 'OMG IT'S YOU!'

Assuming of course use got on as well as you say.
    I know it sounds like I'm being difficult, but if that was possible I would have done it a long time ago.. he's into a different 'scene' than my friends, who go to cheap and cheerful student nights. My friends would be like wtf if I suggested going, and are all pretty skint so wouldn't be up for paying loads to see some random band/dj. Also I live in a suburb of my town and we tend to go out where we live, we very rarely go out in the town centre for big nights because of the price of taxis etc.

he's not at uni and I'm taking a gap year (potentially 2 gap years) so I guess I have a couple of years to bump into him :P

but how likely are you to bump into him...?

I keep having dreams about him now, it's getting a bit weird, I'm going to try and forget about him, if I can

ReputationRep:
    Try and get your friends to go to the same place he's at..?

To repeat myself: if that was possible I would have done it a long time ago.. he's into a different 'scene' than my friends, who go to cheap and cheerful student nights. My friends would be like wtf if I suggested going, and are all pretty skint so wouldn't be up for paying loads to see some random band/dj. Also I live in a suburb of my town and we tend to go out where we live, we very rarely go out in the town centre for big nights because of the price of taxis etc.

And I have no way of finding out where he's going in the first place. I'd need a lot of notice to have any hope of pursuading my friends to pay a lot of money to go to the same place as him.

ReputationRep:
    To repeat myself: if that was possible I would have done it a long time ago.. he's into a different 'scene' than my friends, who go to cheap and cheerful student nights. My friends would be like wtf if I suggested going, and are all pretty skint so wouldn't be up for paying loads to see some random band/dj. Also I live in a suburb of my town and we tend to go out where we live, we very rarely go out in the town centre for big nights because of the price of taxis etc.

And I have no way of finding out where he's going in the first place. I'd need a lot of notice to have any hope of pursuading my friends to pay a lot of money to go to the same place as him.

As the saying goes, if you want something badly enough, you'll do all you can to get it

(Original post by ZizziHikaru)
    Oh god, I wish I could think of something encouraging to say but I'm in a similar situation, I've liked him for about 8 months but hadn't seen him for about three until today when I finally plucked up the courage to ask him out. I know he likes me. But he said no.
    ?! What's that about :lolwut:

And so, OP, has your situation not moved on at all since May? I saw your notes on my other threads seeing you were in a similar situation.

And so, OP, has your situation not moved on at all since May? I saw your notes on my other threads seeing you were in a similar situation.
    Nope, and it's been months now since one of our little online conversations I just wanted to share my story with the you, seems like a similar situation, and maybe it'll encourage you to be braver than I was!

Nope, and it's been months now since one of our little online conversations I just wanted to share my story with the you, seems like a similar situation, and maybe it'll encourage you to be braver than I was!
    How come, did you just lose touch?

Yeah, I think I end up making a move. But replies like the previous girl who was rejected aren't exactly encouraging! Maybe better than living with what if though.

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe i actually read all this "stupid"passage friday night! ohh god i really need a girlfriend!

ReputationRep:
    How come, did you just lose touch?

Yeah, I think I end up making a move. But replies like the previous girl who was rejected aren't exactly encouraging! Maybe better than living with what if though.
    I definitely feel alot calmer, and I'm ok with how it turned out. Like you say, I would have been eaten with curiosity about list oppurtunities if I hadn't acted on it.

To "what's that all about?"- I think he was scared!

ReputationRep:
    *lost opportunities.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.