Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If you felt someone was worth waiting for... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...but there was no certain time scale, would you wait?

ReputationRep:
    I would, 100%

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Depends how strongly I felt about her.

I was waiting 2 months ago for a close friend of mine, one day had a talk with another friend of mine about her and came out of the conversation realising there was no need for me to wait. 2 months on, still single and feeling fantastic. If she ever says she wants me back, I'll have to say no to her now.

ReputationRep:
    i am waiting. (on my ex, we're gonna sort it out.. when he makes up his mind :/ yeah i know. )

every single day hurts, and it feels like a lifetime. :/

ReputationRep:
    as a virgin yes, otherwise- depends on how much i care for the person so i'd say about 90% yes

ReputationRep:
    That's not very respectful. I'm assuming that the girl you're 'waiting' on is in a relationship? There's something kinda creepy about it as well. Kinda like what Sting was signing about.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffy)
    i am waiting. (on my ex, we're gonna sort it out.. when he makes up his mind :/ yeah i know. )

every single day hurts, and it feels like a lifetime. :/
    Sounds stupid, but I'm doing the exact same thing :-\

It sucks tbh. I'm trying to boost my moral with this thread aha :P

ReputationRep:
    Life's too short

....even if you start off waiting..you'll eventually get over them or meet someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    That's not very respectful. I'm assuming that the girl you're 'waiting' on is in a relationship? There's something kinda creepy about it as well. Kinda like what Sting was signing about.
    aha no no. She's suffering from a bit of depression and isn't really in a position to make her mind up about a relationship. She's an ex, and we have a lot of things to sort out before we could think about a relationship, but she's in no position to discuss them right now, hence we cannot progress, so I've just got to wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keese)
    Sounds stupid, but I'm doing the exact same thing :-\

It sucks tbh. I'm trying to boost my moral with this thread aha :P
    If my ex wanted me back he knows I would go straight back to him sad I know

Whys does it have to be us girls doing all the hurting and waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keese)
    aha no no. She's suffering from a bit of depression and isn't really in a position to make her mind up about a relationship. She's an ex, and we have a lot of things to sort out before we could think about a relationship, but she's in no position to discuss them right now, hence we cannot progress, so I've just got to wait
    Wait then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tba90)
    If my ex wanted me back he knows I would go straight back to him sad I know

Whys does it have to be us girls doing all the hurting and waiting
    Don't tell me I'm the only guy doing this!?!? aha!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it depends on the reason why I would be waiting. Waiting for them to make their mind up...No. Waiting for them to be single...No. Waiting for them to get back from study abroad...Maybe. Waiting for them from some other kind of trip abroad/away...Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Smophy, it depends what I was waiting for. I think the time scale would become a factor the longer I waited, because although I'm not usually a "live everyday as if it's your last" kind of girl (I'm far too much of a worrier for that), this is the time of your life to be out there having fun!

ReputationRep:
    The answer to this is self-evident, surely? What a redundant question.

ReputationRep:
    my ex asked me to wait 6 years. that is why he is my ex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    The answer to this is self-evident, surely? What a redundant question.
    Not necessarily. If you perceive someone to be 'worth waiting for' and you decide to wait, you will automatically ignore all other possibilities out there. However, if you decide not to wait around, even though the person is 'worth waiting for' in your eyes, you may find something even better.

There are many reasons that would, and could make someone wait for someone else. It's all situational.

ReputationRep:
    No, people change you could wait on someone only to find that theyre not really what you want any more and youve missed out on others who potentially were. I dont really think you need to wait on someone, if its meant to be its meant to be, whether you wait on them or not

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.