Turn on thread page Beta

I'm incredibly skinny - anorexic looking, yet I eat plenty. watch

ReputationRep:
    What do I need to do to to look bigger? I look so skinny and weak its unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    Have you had been to the doctors? Had a blood test done? You could have a thyroid problem; hyperthyroidism.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthyroidism

ReputationRep:
    A lot of skinny people say they eat a lot, when in actual fact they don't. I know because I used to be one of them.

In nearly all cases, if you're not gaining any weight, then you're not eating enough, simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    A lot of skinny people say they eat a lot, when in actual fact they don't. I know because I used to be one of them.

In nearly all cases, if you're not gaining any weight, then you're not eating enough, simples.
    Agreed. And a lot of food for a skinny person, most of the time isn't much at all.

ReputationRep:
    tape worms?

ReputationRep:
    You aren't eating as much as you think you are. I was advised to eat 2 Big Macs/day recently by someone on this forum, I suggest this to you as well.

ReputationRep:
    Taking this at face value and assuming you do actually eat A LOT then do some toning excise and a bit of weight lifting and you should bulk up a bit but otherwise there’s not much you can do.

ReputationRep:
    eat small portions, more times a day. it worked for me also snack on things like nuts and avocados!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JunoBug)
    Have you had been to the doctors? Had a blood test done? You could have a thyroid problem; hyperthyroidism.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthyroidism
    Definitely get this checked out if you really fine it really hard to put weight on. Do you have hot flushes, goitre, fatigue?

ReputationRep:
    The hivvy?

ReputationRep:
    Eat more. Exercise. Don't put on the wrong kind of weight.

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    You aren't eating as much as you think you are. I was advised to eat 2 Big Macs/day recently by someone on this forum, I suggest this to you as well.
    2 Big Macs a day? Did you not watch the guy who ate maccy D's for 30 days solid. All I can say is I hope you have better luck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quadratic)
    2 Big Macs a day? Did you not watch the guy who ate maccy D's for 30 days solid. All I can say is I hope you have better luck...
    I'm not actually eating 2 Big Macs/day, I can't afford those kind of shenanigans.

It was in response to my thread about finding 2400 calories/day impossible to reach, they said Big Macs would help.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem i actually eat sooo much and i have lost weight i dunno if it is hyperthyrodism but i am having my blood tested next week so good luck dear x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    I'm not actually eating 2 Big Macs/day, I can't afford those kind of shenanigans.

It was in response to my thread about finding 2400 calories/day impossible to reach, they said Big Macs would help.
    If you want calories then have the McSalad or w/e it's called. No joke, it's the worst thing on the menu :P!

ReputationRep:
    It's a body type.

There's skinny people, there's fat people, there's people who build muscle easier than others...
    Nothing to worry about.

You just have a very high metabolism... Whether that's good or bad is up to you to decide, you obviously don't like it so I advise you see the doctor.

Skinny people - Generally have a very high metabolism

Overweight people - Generally have a low metabolism

People who mysteriously build muscle quickly - Normally have an 'in-between' metabolism. So not too high, not too low.

TLDR - I'm sure you're not that bad, don't worry.

Sorry about all the colours O.O :afraid:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.