Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Depressed about this: has anyone NOT started revision for Easter? watch

ReputationRep:
    I always start revising 1 month before. But this time I started 2 months and 2 weeks. But tbh it's not about how much you revise(quantity) it's about how effective you revise (quality). I sometimes only spent 3 hours a day revising but finish more work then when working 10 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    I have an AS resit and a couple of A2 exams pretty soon after Easter and i havent started revising yet, though i have had ridiculous amounts of work to do so i havent actually had the time yet.

Going to start tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Last year (my first year) for law I revised about 2 weeks before each exam having done no work all year using a couple of study guides and managed to get 54-58 in my four 30 credit modules.

Worked out alright for me last year, and now this year I am about to start today (like 5 minutes time) for the three exams I have to do that are in 5 weeks in order to offer me the ability to only do about 4 hours work a day!

Don't panic overly, set out a clear structure for what you want to achieve by the end of each week. In order to do that, read the past questions and see what you can and can't answer for each paper. What you can't answer, write into a list, and work through them.
    Keep it simple and start this afternoon or tomorrow, and it will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderlust.xx)

8 exams, 2 hours long, all in pairs (days next to each other, like one on wednesday, one on thursday, with a maximum of 6 days between them... >_>
    I feel for you....

ReputationRep:
    I've been kidding myself that I've actually been revising for the past three weeks. Tomorrow I begin real revision :work:

Probably

ReputationRep:
    Just get off TSR and do it.

ReputationRep:
    Me. 14 exams, so I'm just too scared by the workload to start. And of course waiting just means it grows...

ReputationRep:
    3 exams in May....... have not even bought a textbook, downloaded notes or read a single line.

5 essays to write, all due on May 5th, not started on a single one

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 first year uni exams and a month left.

sooooooooooo glad I finished A Levels. Same time 2 years ago I have 14 exams

ReputationRep:
    You'll do fine, as long as you start revising now, don't waste time procrastination on tsr, facebook etc. Just get your work done and once your exams are over you can treat yourself with something nice for all the hard work.

I've got 3 assignments to do, and 2 exams, all of which need to be done by the end of easter hols. I've just started today, made a schedule of how long i can spend doing each assignment, leaving a few days for anything unknown which may crop up.

I find i work better under pressure, which reminds me... i better get off tsr and finish off collecting my research for assignment 1. :/ *******s!

ReputationRep:
    I got three 3 hour exams. I have been ****ing about all year and i finally decided to knuckle down and revise. However it's not going to well for me. After a while it becomes harder to absorb information.

I think I am going to end up failing. However I won't give up. I'd rather try to pass and fail then do nothing and fail.

If anyone has tips send me a pm.

I'm in exactly the same boat. And I start thinking really stupid things like what on earth is the point, but then I realise that I'm so ungrateful as I'm pretty much living a life of luxury at the moment thanks to my parents and really need to put hard work in myself to get somewhere.

I think it's a confidence issue for me: I'm struggling with weight and self-esteem generally, but certainly academically... my parents are doctors and I've always felt really thick next to them - could never do science at school, considered doing law but spent a year doing it and it wasn't for me either. My confidence has hit rock bottom since and I've just been putting off learning even though I used to like it and now I'm panicking about exams. I don't even have a month - I start straight after Easter, and I've got 6 exams.

Just don't know where to start, but I guess you've just got to tell yourself that put the hard work in now and it'll be worthwhile - plus you'll be more knowledgeable in general. I just need to follow that advice myself now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm very depressed about this: has anyone NOT started revision for Easter? I can't I have no motivation at all. I'm crying on the floor at times since I have four uni exams I haven't revised for, all straight after easter. Can anyone give me reassurance that it can be done. I haven't done much of this semester's work at all you see so I'm panicking.
    Share your stories/situations too.
    I never start until the week before, and I got firsts (overall) in each of my modules last semester. If you're willing to sleep for 3 hours a night for two weeks, it's a pretty effective method.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinotopiaisawful)
    I firmly believe that you can revise a semesters work in a week if you go about it the right way. What is your subject? Feel free to private message me if you want (I won't give your anonymity away!) revision tips. Seriously, i don't mind helping!
    You sound so lovely, I just had to plus rep you

ReputationRep:
    My Easter hols started LAST Tuesday.. and I revised for three days straight, become convinced I was going to rock the exams because my revision attitude was perfect.. and then I did nothing and haven't for the past week! :'( Suddenly every ounce of motivation is just gone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I haven't started
    tut tut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    My Easter hols started LAST Tuesday.. and I revised for three days straight, become convinced I was going to rock the exams because my revision attitude was perfect.. and then I did nothing and haven't for the past week! :'( Suddenly every ounce of motivation is just gone!!
    It happens... which is why good on you for seizing the moment and doing work when you actually felt like it. I'm hoping a sudden wave of motivation comes over me at some point too.

ReputationRep:
    Start next week. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

ReputationRep:
    no i literally havent even opened a book. I am royally screwed for these exams.

ReputationRep:
    Exams are my nemesis.

Although coursework is far more horrible imo...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.