Turn on thread page Beta

Is there a such thing as a 'Soul Mate'? watch

• View Poll Results: Is there a such thing as a 'Soul Mate'?
    Yes
    43.24%
    No
    56.76%

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a soul, so no. There are people you get along with very very well and people who you will continue to want to have sex with many many times. There are people who hold both of these qualities, but there are no soul mates.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - it doesn't hurt to be optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Sure, probably. I enjoy hearing the argument that you'd never find your soulmate in the same city and country. 'cause I didn't. :awesome:
    What about the argument that there are 7 billion people on the planet, and you are unlikely to non-trivially interact with more than three or four thousand of them during your lifetime?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Baby don't hurt me...

On the actual topic at hand, I guess I sort of do believe in soul mates. Maybe more because it's a nice thing to think there's someone out there perfect for you who you could meet one day, rather than concrete logic, but oh well.
    True story.
    But that is soooo idealistic :P
    Im just being annoying X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keese)
    When your feelings towards someone or something are as strong as hate, but the complete opposite

Love and hate are so close though, arn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickR92)
    Love can mean many of things. When he/she is able to tolerate what ever problems one has, being patient and enjoying each others company. It's a tough question of life, in mankind but from what I know? Love is what spins whichever couple's world around. That air of excitement and passion. Everytime you see her/his face, your heart skips not once but twice.

So much meaning to 'love'.

wow, thats very deep. True but deep. and a bit soppy. I always thought that soppy was more lust and passion, rather than love.?

ReputationRep:
    There definitely is.
    I suppose those who don't agree just haven't found theirs.

(And no, I'm not a sucker in a relationship who thinks my boyfriend is my soul mate).

I'm not even sure if your soul mate has to be linked via love either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciform)
    Yes, take these guys for example:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/us.../SN2-0698r.jpg
    :rofl: good one!

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice to know that there is someone out there for you but then I guess that plays along with the idea of fate - I'd like to think so but probably not, the idea seems abit fairytale-ish!

ReputationRep:
    nope, theres probably millions of women in the world that i'd be perfectly compatible with. cus im awesome.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.