Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    West Europe's stadium atmospheres are pretty **** compared with the Mediterranean and Eastern Europe football scene. I have to say though in Galatasaray's new stadium, they've pretty much destroyed the lower working class to attend games because they've raised ticket prices so high. The old atmosphere in Ali Sami Yen was the ****, especially in champions league matches.

Having said that, our fans broke the work decibel record with their chanting

This is from the 2007-2008 derby game vs Fenerbahce, we ended up winning 1-0 and became champions it was the penultimate game of the season.

Besiktas fans are probably more organised though, their atmosphere and organisation is among the best in Europe imo, especially when they play in Europe they smack it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukr-nffc)
    haha - the Lech fans are brilliant - if you haven't seen already, check this out (from an U12's match during the first team's winter break)
    That is quite truly amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    No thanks. We aren't even allowed booze at matches for a reason.
    Yes we're not allowed booze at Scottish matches because the bigoted OF scum got pissed all of the time, and the fans of honest teams like Airdrie and Livingston are being punished by being forced to drink bovril.

FTOF

FTR, "Ultras" are gay. Proper, good old British clapping and chanting is the tits nips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritter)
    Yes we're not allowed booze at Scottish matches because the bigoted OF scum got pissed all of the time, and the fans of honest teams like Airdrie and Livingston are being punished by being forced to drink bovril.

FTOF

FTR, "Ultras" are gay. Proper, good old British clapping and chanting is the tits nips.
    I'd appreciate not being lumped together with the blue side of Glasgow thanks :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I'd appreciate not being lumped together with the blue side of Glasgow thanks :top:
    You're two peas in a piss-stained pod. Both folloed by sectarian, knuckle-dragging bigots, who defend each other when the "diddies" have a go at you. It's the OFs fault that you can't drink at matches, as well as many other problems which makes Scottish football complete ****. No surprise they're right behind the 10 team SPL plan. The OF and the incompetent SFA have killed Scottish football.

ReputationRep:
    You're two peas in a piss-stained pod. Both folloed by sectarian, knuckle-dragging bigots, who defend each other when the "diddies" have a go at you. It's the OFs fault that you can't drink at matches, as well as many other problems which makes Scottish football complete ****. No surprise they're right behind the 10 team SPL plan. The OF and the incompetent SFA have killed Scottish football.
    If you think so, okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    If you think so, okay.
    Exactly

p.s. the burd in yer avatar is a complete munt

ReputationRep:
    Dont lump us in with the SFA either.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see flares and the general atmosphere you see on the mainland but we will never see it.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly

p.s. the burd in yer avatar is a complete munt

(Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Dont lump us in with the SFA either.
    Go to the Scottish football thread if you want to talk about it. Not here.

ReputationRep:

how is it 'gay' exactly?

Though i would agree with your points about drinking - yet again, the minority spoil it for the rest of us ...

ReputationRep:
    how is it 'gay' exactly?

Though i would agree with your points about drinking - yet again, the minority spoil it for the rest of us ...
    Tbf, if its done properly in countries like Germany and Poland then it looks absolutely fantastic and is a great part of their culture. However, in the UK we have clubs like Stevenage, Accrington Stanley and Ayr United who have "ultras" and it just looks and sounds pathetic, as its usually 10 kids groaning with some ****ty looking flags.

I'd say its best if we left it to the Europeans.

ReputationRep:
    about 7+ years ago, whenever liverpool played celtic in europe, we were losing at anfield, as we left we gave our flare to celtic fans in the lfc section and they popped it and go thrown out, so flares ftw:\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahm sayn?)
    about 7+ years ago, whenever liverpool played celtic in europe, we were losing at anfield, as we left we gave our flare to celtic fans in the lfc section and they popped it and go thrown out, so flares ftw:\
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iodsuIr1zDk

Some night

ReputationRep:
    I would feel a bit of a melt giving it the old barry mcguigan with some flares while the old dear and father-son combos all around me sit around bemused trying to quietly watch the game, and i dont think the ems is the only place you would get that feeling. Maybe for travelling fans it would be a bit better cos theres a lot less of you and you are probably a little bit more rough and ready but its hard enough to find groups of people who consistently sing let alone who would wanna start banging out flares at most premiership stadiums, and people might disagree but tbh everyone says their clubs fans are quality when 9/10 theyre crap

ReputationRep:
    7+ years ago, prety good guess, we were in line with the kop 18 yard box basically, dugout side, be pro and find a video of the flare =]

i remember my dad gave me it to hold when we got searched lol, rolled it up in a flag =]

ReputationRep:
    haha - the Lech fans are brilliant - if you haven't seen already, check this out (from an U12's match during the first team's winter break)

I saw them play Legia Warszawa a while back and both sets of fans were loud, passionate and looked impressive - little or no violence.
    Legia reserves the stadium violence for city uproars just like they've done last Saturday.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.