Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

has anyoneever had a consultation with a plastic surgeon? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    a few more pictures, you might find useful?
    You're nose is fine, you need some of that hormone they pump into your lips instead that enlarges them, trust me your nose is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TempleFadeHaircut)
    You're nose is fine, you need some of that hormone they pump into your lips instead that enlarges them, trust me your nose is fine.
    so you're suggesting i get a trout pout?

Your nose is fine... who said that you needed this? you look hot

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I want done. Would it be closed rhinoplasty?
    Difficult to say. It really is down to the surgeon as open and closed is a matter of preference and convenience. It just allows them to see what they are doing a bit more. I think most surgeons would avoid it where possible as it adds to the invasiveness of the procedure and they want to minimise that, of course. Not to get too graphic, but I think they'd be able to remove a bump with a closed, as the way they do is to insert a file in an incision they create inside and proceed to essentially file down the bone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Your nose is fine... who said that you needed this? you look hot
    People have commented on my nose for years. I've had comments from "you look like a pterodactyl", to, "I could plough a field of potatoes with your nose". My doctor and my mum have agreed that they can see the need to get it too.

ReputationRep:
    so you're suggesting i get a trout pout?
    I'm suggesting you forget about your nose because it's fine, and instead get some kind of injection into your lips, puff them out a bit make them kissable

ReputationRep:
    People have commented on my nose for years. I've had comments from "you look like a pterodactyl", to, "I could plough a field of potatoes with your nose". My doctor and my mum have agreed that they can see the need to get it too.
    Bet you haven't had strangers shout out in the street, "You have a big nose!". Talk about bluntness.

ReputationRep:
    My reply is not too helpful as I have never been to a surgeon - but I would like to say that having seeing your pictures I don't think there is anything wrong with your nose-it looks quite nice! And you don't need to lose weight either, you look like a very pretty girl!

ReputationRep:
    what's wrong with your nose? seems normal to me. anyway, what is a nose supposed to look like?

saying that i'm the sort of person who doesn't notice when someone has had a hair cut.

ReputationRep:
    Spend the money on a boob job instead. Then no one will look at your nose and you'll have a big pair of titties too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Spend the money on a boob job instead. Then no one will look at your nose and you'll have a big pair of titties too.
    I wish pople would stop pointing out the other 1 million things wrong with my appearance!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    Bet you haven't had strangers shout out in the street, "You have a big nose!". Talk about bluntness.
    not in the street, but i have had strangers say to me at a party i have a big nose. And I have walked into a room of people talkign about my nose.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh I did it was nothing

I wish pople would stop pointing out the other 1 million things wrong with my appearance!!!
    From the pictures you don't need plastic surgery IMO, you are fine as you are... don't become a barbie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    what's wrong with your nose? seems normal to me. anyway, what is a nose supposed to look like?

saying that i'm the sort of person who doesn't notice when someone has had a hair cut.
    It's got a bump. I want either a straight nose or a curved profile.

ReputationRep:
    No.

All the surgeons I have met have been human, not plastic!

Why are you having a consultation with a plastic surgeon? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    From the pictures you don't need plastic surgery IMO, you are fine as you are... don't become a barbie.
    I don't want to be a barbie. I don't want all these other procedures everyone keeps suggesting.I just want the bump removed so i can be confident.

ReputationRep:
    not in the street, but i have had strangers say to me at a party i have a big nose. And I have walked into a room of people talkign about my nose.
    Well I've had all sorts, so I empathise with your insecurities. Go along to the consultation and hope for the best. Also, how do you plan to finance it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    Well I've had all sorts, so I empathise with your insecurities. Go along to the consultation and hope for the best. Also, how do you plan to finance it?
    Okay thank you. Do you plan to get rhinoplasty? Also, when my grandad died he left me a sum of money which would fiance a nose job.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be a barbie. I don't want all these other procedures everyone keeps suggesting.I just want the bump removed so i can be confident.
    Are you Jewish at all? and forgot to mention when I went for my consultation he showed me what the bones and stuff would look like after on his computer screen.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.