Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men are better than women. Sorry but they just are. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Most women don't do that... And they don't CHILLAX! Wow.
    Course they do. Only a selfish few (looks like you'll be one of them) use the 6 month maternity leave then dump their kids off with child minders for their entire childhood. If you can't afford to look after them properly while they're at school don't have them.

Feminist bore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc8880)
    Course they do. Only a selfish few (looks like you'll be one of them) use the 6 month maternity leave then dump their kids off with child minders for their entire childhood. If you can't afford to look after them properly while they're at school don't have them.

Feminist bore.
    It's not selfish to keep working so you can provide for you child, and having children shouldn't be reserved for the middle-class because they can afford for ONE parent to work.
    There's no "dumping" involved when you work part-time, and have a close family.
    Don't be so assuming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    It's not selfish to keep working so you can provide for you child, and having children shouldn't be reserved for the middle-class because they can afford for ONE parent to work.
    There's no "dumping" involved when you work part-time, and have a close family.
    Don't be so assuming.
    Maybe you shouldn't be so assuming yourself.

My dad worked relentlessly in a mediocre job while my mum looked after me and my 2 sisters through school, her dad left when she was young, dads parents both died before we were born and my nana was working herself so she had no choice.

But we had a great childhood, thanks to my dad being so hard working and my mum always being there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc8880)
    Maybe you shouldn't be so assuming yourself.

My dad worked relentlessly in a mediocre job while my mum looked after me and my 2 sisters through school, her dad left when she was young, dads parents both died before we were born and my nana was working herself so she had no choice.

But we had a great childhood, thanks to my dad being so hard working and my mum always being there.
    I'm not saying that YOUR life wasn't good, so I'm not the one assuming. But you assuming that everyone MUST do that, or else they're bad parents is ridiculous. Most families DO have both parents working, even if one is only part time, and it works brilliantly.
    I had an amazing childhood too.

So you can't say that my upbringing was "wrong" or that my mother was "selfish". She worked for US.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.