Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men are better than women. Sorry but they just are. watch

ReputationRep:
    I find it odd how no man has ever said this to my face, whilst dozens of them have said it via the internet, which is anonymous- this definitely shows off those tendencies that make them superior i.e. cowardice and idiocy.
    Obviously this only applies to male keyboard warriors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by favouriteworstnightmare)
    Triple like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Countmein)
    Typo, but thank you for the heads up.

I'd allow you an hour away from the kitchen as a reward if you were my wife.
    Damn if only I were!

ReputationRep:
    I like James Brown's version better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    No.
    Well I can't say I'm an expert on the subject, it was just an example, but you can't deny that women in the past didn't receive as much recognition as they should have done, which is the point I was trying to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoushka1)
    Damn if only I were!
    It's a big kitchen. :sexface:
    Lots of room for you to cook.

ReputationRep:
    Better? Without them we wouldn't be here!

Rem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o Rebecca o)
    We get it, you're gay.
    Now isn't that a bit homophobic:sexface:

No, women aren't inferior. It has just been a social construct over the years because the strengths men do have have been emphasised and everything women are better at has been ignored or undermined. You must be an extremely bitter individual if you still think women "belong in the kitchen" when in fact, we can live independent lives now and don't need to live under a husband's shadow because of an outdated superiority complex. Sure, men have accomplished a lot over the years, but where has the opportunity been for women to shine and show their strengths? For a long time we didn't even have the right to vote, so how do you expect there to be a lot of documented history with great women inventors etc. We're just as intelligent, reliable in the workplace and determined, yet because some men tend to emphasise us as sexual objects (partly through the media) they automatically assume we must have no other quality to us, when in fact we do.

I accept that men and women aren't equal - of course we aren't, there are biological differences. We have different strengths and weaknesses though so one can't say they are the better sex just because society has ruled that to be the case for a long period of time. I also think the term 'feminism' has become a trivial matter now, which is why people like you think it's still ok to be sexist. People think of radical feminists when they hear the word instead of those who are more liberal and aim for gradual progress whilst recognising that women are NOT the better gender, but then again neither are men. I do think it needs to be taken seriously though and women should have equal opportunities in the workplace.

It's just a shame to see that gender stereotypes and assumptions still exist in such a modern society. I know this is probably a troll but I do know sexism still exists; people in real life have expressed similar views to you, and I find it astonishing how we can't just embrace difference - I respect men by the way, and know they are better at some things than women - what I don't claim, however, is that they are 'superior' because of these recognised strengths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    Well I can't say I'm an expert on the subject, it was just an example, but you can't deny that women in the past didn't receive as much recognition as they should have done, which is the point I was trying to make.
    Sure, that's right.

Franklin didn't elucidate the structure of DNA before Watson and Crick though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You accept it otherwise you'd be falcon punched.
    aha Samus, or even sheik could kick captain falcons ass

ReputationRep:
    Before it was men who received education whilst women were destined to stay at home. Therefore men in the past have been able to achieve more than women, simply because they had the tools too.

Nonetheless, now BOTH men and women have access to education, things are evening out a bit - but there is still a male-based view to society which is quite wrong.
    That said, many statistics on grades at school, public exam sittings and uni show slightly higher and better performances for women.

Either way, it sucks for you if you think like that, because if you are such a 'successful' man where there are 10 of you for one equally good woman, you are going to have a hell of a lot of competition to get her.

And finally, even though a swallow doesn't make a Summer, and I don't like bragging about my achievements, I am making an exception in this post to say I have achieved quite a lot of things no one else in my school has - and I'm a girl.

So, whatever. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    Sure, that's right.

Franklin didn't elucidate the structure of DNA before Watson and Crick though.
    OK, fair enough, I only mentioned it because me and my form tutor (a biology teacher) were actually discussing the roles of men and women in society a few days ago, and he brought up the point that women scientists were generally shunned and mocked by the scientific community up until fairly recently. I don't want to get into a huge debate about it though, because to be honest I don't really know a lot about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ian Holloway)
    Men are better than women. For every successful women you will find 10 successful men. All of the best inventions ever created were made by men and all the most successful people in any field are always men. Why can't society just accept that men are superior and leave it be? Why must every woman expect to be treated the same as men? You're always hearing of women complaining that they're not earning as much as men. There is a reason for this and it isn't an unfair one. Men occupy the best positions in the workplace because we are more skilled, determined and more reliable. It has nothing to do with discrimination against women. Jobs are simply offered to the most suitable candidate and the top ones are offered to men because men are simply better. There is a reason why women were always traditionally placed in the kitchen. I'm not condoning that they should be, but society seemed to function more efficiently when this was the case. The great british empire of the late 19th century emerged at a time when men tailored to the revolution while the women tailored to the needs of the home and the children. Coincidence? I think not.
    I will agree that some jobs are better suited to men than to women. However the bit emboldened is utter bull**** and it still continues to be the case that women are paid less than men for doing the shame job, equally as well (whether you agree with that or not)

You have an angle there with men being more skilled in certain lines of work than women, and vice versa...however the way you phrased it completely trashes any legitimate argument you may or may not have.

ReputationRep:
    That's just really not a valid point. It's men that have been suppressing women all along and society as a whole so that's why women haven't had the chance to be as successful as well as the fact, of the commitment of family, not because they can't, if they lived in a culture where they could live like men do.

I think this is just a thread trying to have a gathering full of sexist males that want to complain personally, so that they can all have a go at women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoushka1)
    yeah sure lets go with that................: /
    But seriously men have it sooooooooooo much easier

Without a billion other things to think about men can concentrate on their career/research etc in contrast to women
    How can you possibly compare men or women or even take this op's post seriously. Many men would prefer to raise their kids and bring them up but its their duty to bring them up so its hardly easier for men as they are under pressure to keep a good income for their family. Why do you think so many men have committed suicide during the recession as they feel ashamed that they can't provide. That said, Im not saying raisng a child is easy for women so I don't think either has it easier. I think they should be equal so they can reach an agreement on who does what which is becming more and more common

ReputationRep:
    Ian would never say such things, he's a gent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Countmein)
    Women should stay at home looking after the kids. We gave them rights and all they did was become fat. British women are a disgrace.
    Your a ****ing moron

ReputationRep:
    Are you the dude battling with his girlfriend to get the most neg reps?
    If you are..you're winning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    aha Samus, or even sheik could kick captain falcons ass
    Batman and Superman beat everyone. Notice they're men aswell? :smug:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.