Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men are better than women. Sorry but they just are. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    I will agree that some jobs are better suited to men than to women. However the bit emboldened is utter bull**** and it still continues to be the case that women are paid less than men for doing the shame job, equally as well (whether you agree with that or not)

You have an angle there with men being more skilled in certain lines of work than women, and vice versa...however the way you phrased it completely trashes any legitimate argument you may or may not have.
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/work/ar..._page_id=53928

Actually, even taking into account that men tend to work longer hours, do more dangerous jobs, and take less time off, women who are single earn more than men.

It's the fact that a baby delays a woman's career for a year or two that causes their careers to be delayed. A company isn't going to pay as much for an unreliable worker who might go off for a year or two to raise a baby, with pay for quite a lot of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ian Holloway)
    Men are better than women. For every successful women you will find 10 successful men. All of the best inventions ever created were made by men and all the most successful people in any field are always men. Why can't society just accept that men are superior and leave it be? Why must every woman expect to be treated the same as men? You're always hearing of women complaining that they're not earning as much as men. There is a reason for this and it isn't an unfair one. Men occupy the best positions in the workplace because we are more skilled, determined and more reliable. It has nothing to do with discrimination against women. Jobs are simply offered to the most suitable candidate and the top ones are offered to men because men are simply better. There is a reason why women were always traditionally placed in the kitchen. I'm not condoning that they should be, but society seemed to function more efficiently when this was the case. The great british empire of the late 19th century emerged at a time when men tailored to the revolution while the women tailored to the needs of the home and the children. Coincidence? I think not.
    Because women have been oppressed and until very recently have not been able to climb the ladder. They are still looked down upon if they ask for a promotion while men are encouraged and applauded. Statistically, most successful people also happen to be white. So whites are better than blacks? No, it's because blacks have been oppressed by society. Don't pretend you don't know that.

ReputationRep:
    Yawwwwwwn I've heard this crap so many times before.

Default response to Trollipops here - do one.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, most if not all professional Chefs are men..

F**k it, we beat you at your own game..:beer:

ReputationRep:
    No they're not mate!

Without women you wouldn't be here so you're an idiot.

Not only that but women have what I want. boobies and a vajayjay :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Women can have multiple orgasms. Your argument is invalid.
    Quite possibliy the best post I've seen on TSR. :giggle: Rep for you!

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool are ****. Sorry they just are :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Well adam was the prototype and eve was perfection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ian Holloway)
    Men are better than women. For every successful women you will find 10 successful men. All of the best inventions ever created were made by men and all the most successful people in any field are always men. Why can't society just accept that men are superior and leave it be? Why must every woman expect to be treated the same as men? You're always hearing of women complaining that they're not earning as much as men. There is a reason for this and it isn't an unfair one. Men occupy the best positions in the workplace because we are more skilled, determined and more reliable. It has nothing to do with discrimination against women. Jobs are simply offered to the most suitable candidate and the top ones are offered to men because men are simply better. There is a reason why women were always traditionally placed in the kitchen. I'm not condoning that they should be, but society seemed to function more efficiently when this was the case. The great british empire of the late 19th century emerged at a time when men tailored to the revolution while the women tailored to the needs of the home and the children. Coincidence? I think not.
    I doubt you are more successful than an average woman.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly he has a point.
    Look at the greatest scientists and the amount of women TODAY that are not in science.
    Then look at the Forbes top 250 and find how many women are in it, and how many of those women are self made Billionaires. The number is below 1......
    Studies have shown that women have a lower general knowledge, probably because they prefer knowing which celeb slept with who rather then what is going on in the real world.

(Original post by FinalMH)
    I completely disagree, and i m bloke, if man can do it why can't a woman, i m against anyone who is sexists :s just no need for it
    Because we are different genders thus are biologically different...??? :rolleyes:

(Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Because women have been oppressed and until very recently have not been able to climb the ladder. They are still looked down upon if they ask for a promotion while men are encouraged and applauded. Statistically, most successful people also happen to be white. So whites are better than blacks? No, it's because blacks have been oppressed by society. Don't pretend you don't know that.
    So why are there so few women who are rich? Why do so few women do numerate subjects (better paying subjects)?

Your point about blacks is absurd. Look at educational results and crime rates. Blacks failing to perform could only be associated with cultural differences rather then oppression.

ReputationRep:
    u wouldnt even of been born without a woman! so jus remember dat u simpleton

ReputationRep:
    ..all of this in a patriarchal society.

Thus, such creations - '“I write this as a woman, toward women. When I say “woman,” I’m speaking of woman in her inevitable struggle against conventional man; and of a universal woman subject who must bring women to their senses and to their meaning in history.”' - Helene Cixous.

ReputationRep:
    trololololololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    So why are there so few women who are rich? Why do so few women do numerate subjects (better paying subjects)?
    Since when was income proportional to society development and growth? Stop trollin'

ReputationRep:
    Men just want women in the kitchen all the time because they're afraid of the competition. That's why there are more men out there than women.

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting facts on here... and just for the joy of seeing Daniel Craig in a dress...

http://www.weareequals.org/

I urge stupid trolly OP to have a look.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly he has a point.
    Look at the greatest scientists and the amount of women TODAY that are not in science.
    Then look at the Forbes top 250 and find how many women are in it, and how many of those women are self made Billionaires. The number is below 1......
    Studies have shown that women have a lower general knowledge, probably because they prefer knowing which celeb slept with who rather then what is going on in the real world.

Because we are different genders thus are biologically different...??? :rolleyes:

Your point about blacks is absurd. Look at educational results and crime rates. Blacks failing to perform could only be associated with cultural differences rather then oppression.
    I already answered your first question.

Second question: of course blacks were oppressed. You only need to look at history and the civil rights movement, they were segregated in education, had the lowest paying jobs and society did not allow them to move up. This was in the past and the difference between races can now be attributed to cultural differences as you said (although I think that is simply a result of the previous oppression they faced), but unfortunately it is still too recent to make a massive difference.

Equality Laws can be achieved in an instant, but the scars left by oppression take generations to heal.

ReputationRep:
    If I were a troll i be going on about women were only for sandwiches but I'm not.

There many things to suggest that men are better than women for example in the bible (believe me in not religious) they were created to serve the men. This kind of philosophy is followed many different societies such as in Pakistan.

In the 19th century voting for election begun to spread and in 1902 women get the right to vote.

Women haven't had the time to develop as far as men. Men have been main driving force of the world since we came into existence but with the population of our size its a necessity for women to become more independent.

So I think that Yes men are currently better than Women but thats not due to them not having drive, with such women like Sarah Palin and Hilliary Clinton coming up in the recent elections, its due to the female population not being given space to develop until recently (In relation to our existence) give it a few thousand or even hundred years and Women could be better (Female animals are sometime more inflectional in there society)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    I already answered your first question.

Second question: of course blacks were oppressed. You only need to look at history and the civil rights movement, they were segregated in education, had the lowest paying jobs and society did not allow them to move up. This was in the past and the difference between races can now be attributed to cultural differences as you said (although I think that is simply a result of the previous oppression they faced), but unfortunately it is still too recent to make a massive difference.

Equality Laws can be achieved in an instant, but the scars left by oppression take generations to heal.
    No you did not answer my question though.
    Did you realise that many of the richest men are self made billionaires within the few decades....when women had equal right? SO what is the excuse their? In fact women had greater chances as positive discrimination was started.

Blacks WERE oppressed. They are not now and are still failing somewhat at integrating into western culture. This is not due to scars of history as it is the same story in every country thus showing it has to be either cultural or something on a genetic level which we are not aware of and like hell anyone would want to research that.

ReputationRep:
    No you did not answer my question though.
    Did you realise that many of the richest men are self made billionaires within the few decades....when women had equal right? SO what is the excuse their? In fact women had greater chances as positive discrimination was started.

Blacks WERE oppressed. They are not now and are still failing somewhat at integrating into western culture. This is not due to scars of history as it is the same story in every country thus showing it has to be either cultural or something on a genetic level which we are not aware of and like hell anyone would want to research that.
    They got equal rights but that doesn't mean they were immediately treated equally to men by society. Same with black people. Positive discrimination is a law, but that doesn't necessarily mean that people abide by it, and plenty do not. There isn't really a way of proving that you are not considered for a job/not paid enough simply because you are a woman/black. You don't know who else has applied for the job.

Blacks were oppressed in America and Europe. They were even oppressed in Africa at some stage, so yes, it would be the same in every country.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.