Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just joined here, but I've seen so many threads about people bricking about their A-Level exams, complaining that they haven't started their revision early enough and are automatically condemned to failure.

For AS-Levels, I'm pretty sure I started revising four or five weeks before mine and I'm doing two languages and two other "traditional" subjects. I did fine, even exceeded my expectations. The week after Easter I'll have the A2 oral exams, so I'm having to revise for those over the holidays so I don't even have the chance to revise for everything else. But even after those, there are five weeks before my proper exams. Plenty, in my opinion.

So, why the panic?

ReputationRep:
    Fear of failure - everyone's stressed.

Good luck with your A2s

ReputationRep:
    we need to get into our firms.

ReputationRep:
    All of the above posts. People just get very stressed come examination time. I know it may be a little annoying lol god knows i make a heap load of "help me ive started too late and i am having a heart attack threads" but i just get super stressed. Everyone is diffrent really.

ReputationRep:
    I agree about AS levels, the year 12s need to chill the **** out but I think A2 students are under extraordinary strain this year. So many people are applying this year if you miss your offer, you've got a cat in hell's chance of getting something decent in clearing and you epicly don't want to reapply next year because of the higher fees. People just want a bit of reassurance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm retaking year 12 but I do think people need to chill out. I also think people are stressing out because sooo many people applied this year and they want to stand out

ReputationRep:
    Cause we want to do well, duh!

ReputationRep:
    I know it can get annoying, but it is such a stressful time and everyone needs a bit of reassurance now and again to get over those pesky panic attacks that sneak up on you at the worst of times.

A2 students especially are mega-stressed as there is the added pressure of knowing that this is pretty much your last chance + having to meet your firm offer if you want to avoid suicide come results day

Happy times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylikeeee)
    Cause we want to do well, duh!
    But "I've started too late" threads are still completely pointless.

Nobody has a time machine, so all anyone can do is start revising now, rather than wishing they'd started earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd started earlier but I still can't get my head down aha ... I should probably hey dressed and open a textbook :/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man, you've given me some encouragement.

ReputationRep:
    Because some people don't know how to revise
    I'm one of them

ReputationRep:
    You know what... I have my finals for uni before A levels start and I haven't finished my syllabus yet. I don't know what all these A level people are panicking about!

ReputationRep:
    It's just an anxious time, we haven't finished the syllabus for any of my subjects yet so it's hard to get it all together and revise when there's still loads of new stuff to learn.

Easter isn't too late to start though! If you organise yourself you will do fine.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    It's four weeks and a few days until my first exam, and I haven't even touched any of the content for some of my exams, let alone begin doing past papers.

I think that says it all . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    I agree about AS levels, the year 12s need to chill the **** out but I think A2 students are under extraordinary strain this year. So many people are applying this year if you miss your offer, you've got a cat in hell's chance of getting something decent in clearing and you epicly don't want to reapply next year because of the higher fees. People just want a bit of reassurance.
    This. I especially agree about the AS students, they can retake! I'm sure as hell not (planning on) missing my firm! I thought Easter was the perfect time to start revising...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    It's four weeks and a few days until my first exam, and I haven't even touched any of the content for some of my exams, let alone begin doing past papers.

I think that says it all . . .
    On the bright side, youre not the only one!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I got 5 exams in June, which is like 2 months away yet. It seems so long but I am pretty sure I must start soon. How soon? I don't know.

I mean, I really want to do well but I can't get my head round for revision, plus, it's holiday! I want to relax, but ended up having to spend all that time revising? It's so unfair.

Still have to accept the fact that my A2 exams are more important, though. So yeah, I think I am moaning about revision because I just need a bit of reassuarance that, although I started a bit later than I thought, I can still do well and I am not the only one.

Spoiler:
    Show

Procastination.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    This. I especially agree about the AS students, they can retake! I'm sure as hell not (planning on) missing my firm! I thought Easter was the perfect time to start revising...
    Yes we can retake, but year 12s are certficating AS-Levels this year so there's no room for error in summer!

ReputationRep:
    Some schools place more pressure on students though, with different expectations and such, so it's no wonder people panic.

I'm meant to be doing 70 hours of revision over Easter... I've done 1. >.<

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.